The battleship grey sky gathered itself together and spat snow down in mini-dervishes yesterday morning when I pulled the blinds up on the front room window to let the world in. Leaves quivered against the curb, trembling under the persuasive hand of the cold north wind. Baby, it's cold outside! Winter arrived in Osoyoos. It didn't snow for long, just long enough to let us know that there will be no more glorious Indian Summer days ahead.
If you live here in Canada, there is a new toll-free number you can call to get an up to the moment road report, anytime:
And while we break out the crock pots, turn up the gas fireplace and hunt out mittens and hats, our dear friend Gina, should by now, be enjoying some place so very opposite in weather - white sands, aquamarine waters and tropical fruits - in Aruba. *sigh* - Me and Sonya are 1/2 green w/ envy and the other 1/2 soooo happy for you, Girl! We sure miss ya already.
We are heading up to Kelowna today. Our girl lives there and we have not seen each other since before summer vacation - truly, and we only live 2 hours away! It will be a very sweet reunion w/ her this evening. She just completed a year of college and works in a medical building, dispensing drugs. We are hugely proud of her! It was a long, hard year and we know there were some very trying times for her along the way. You stuck it out, Melanie, and we are way impressed!
We will go armed w/ camera in hand and get some candid shots of her and her Winston. No, she does have a boyfriend (who we will meet this evening, too) but Winston is her cat w/ personality plus. A siamese who owns you as soon as he meets you! Better get off packing up a Mom Care Package for our girl! Have a wonderful day!
MORE CORNY COUNTRY SONGS... really!!! (they just go on and on...)
- If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me, Her Memory Will.
- If I Ain't Got It, You Don't Need It.
- If I Had a Nose Full of Nickels, I'd Sneeze Them All Atchoo!
- If I Had My Life to Live Over, I'd Live Over a Delicatessen
- If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now.
- If I Were In Your Shoes, I'd Walk Right Back To Me
- If I'd Killed You When I Wanted To, I'd be Out of Jail By Now
- If Love Were Oil, I'd Be A Quart Low.
- If My Nose Was Running Money, Honey, I'd Blow It All On You
- If My Nose Were Full of Nickels, I'd Blow It All On You
- If She Hadn't Been So Good Lookin' I Might Have Seen the Train
- If the Devil Danced in Empty Pockets, He'd Have a Ball in Mine
- If The Jukebox Took Teardrops I'd Cry All Night Long.
- If The Phone Don't Ring, Baby, You'll Know It's Me
- If Today Was A Fish, I'd Throw It Back
- In If Whiskey Were A Woman, I'd Be Married For Sure.
- You Can't Be Good, Son, Be Good At It
- If You Can't Bite, Don't Growl.
- If You Can't Feel It (It Ain't There).
BARB'S HANDY TIP #115
Pop Your Own Packing!
I have given this particular hint before, for eating purposes, but with many of you thinking of preparing and sending gifts, this hint can do dual purpose. If you are sending anything delicate and need packing in a hurry, keep on hand a package of plain brown lunch bags, and a bag of generic popcorn. Simply place 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in the paper bag, fold the top once or twice, and pop in your microwave on high for 2 - 2:30 minutes, depending on your own microwave. Instant packing material! Not only for packing, but a quick, healthy snack. Don't forget you can make garlands w/ popcorn and cranberries closer to the day!