Today in History:
- 1831 - Quebec & Montreal incorporated
- 1854 - Japan opens ports to foreign trade by Commodore Perry
- 1870 - Thomas P Mundy became 1st black to vote in US (Perth Amboy NJ)
- 1880 - Wabash Ind - 1st town completely illuminated by electric light
- 1889 - Eiffel Tower in Paris officially opened
- 1917 - US purchases Virgin Is from Denmark for $25 million
- 1918 - 1st US daylight savings time goes into effect
- 1923 - 1st dance marathon - NYC - Alma Cummings sets record of 27 hrs
- 1932 - Ford publicly unveiled its V-8 engine
- 1949 - Newfoundland becomes 10th Canadian province
- 1963 - LA ends streetcar service after 90 years
- 1966 - USSR launches Luna 10 - 1st spacecraft to orbit moon
BARB'S HANDY TIP #235
Learn some Arts and Crafts - in time for Easter, you know?
I found this wonderful resource recently - chock full of great content on almost any type of craft you could be interested in. This is what the author of the site says:
"Are you an Arts and Crafts lover like me? Don't worry as we are not alone. Arts and Crafts are introduced to us at a very young age and for some of us it becomes a passion that never goes away. I have spent hours, weeks, & months compilling this directory of very useful Arts and Crafts related websites."
" Why? you ask... Well there are hundreds of thousands of Arts and Crafts websites made for and by people like you and I. Although this is awsome, finding that particular product or piece of information can be troublesome. I have put together this directory of Arts and Crafts website by handpicking evry single website one by one and visiting each of them. I have separated them into useful categories and included a search to make it even easier for you to find what you are looking for. "