Monday, January 29, 2007

WIRE FLOWER ELEMENTS

Today's element looks great when you apply a drop shadow, bevel and even contours to it!

First off – a HUGE apology for the misloaded file yesterday... I thought I did so well, was so organized... it was not until we came home that I discovered that I had uploaded the jpg file for the download. Please forgive me... it's corrected now. Today's element was created by Miles – he came to the rescue when we got home. He felt better – his cold clearing and now I have contracted it... I feel miserable! I knew by noon to take some medication to see me through our afternoon and evening.

Thank you to Judy, Samantha, Melissa, Betty Jo (SO CUTE!) and Kat for your jammies pics! Kat, I hope your cold is getting better too, girl!

HARLEM GOSPEL CHOIR (& guests)


So, our date. Miles and I attended a concert in Omak, Washington. We enjoyed an evening of entertainment with the HARLEM GOSPEL CHOIR ( you will notice their pictures throughout todays entry!) It was a lively show, hardly a person was sitting through a good portion of the show. Of especial note was a drummer, a young lady, who Mile said, he could have listened to all day! We got to meet these wonderful performers after the show – well worth seeing. Be sure to check the bookings on their website as they will be coming to Canada soon! You can visit their website and see their dynamic video demo by clicking HERE


Of course, no trip to Omak would be complete without a meal at Rancho Chico's. The diet was thrown out the window for today – Miles has to have a tamale (yes, Gina, he's drooling for yours!) while I tried something new – Chicken Enmole – chicken breast served with a peanut butter and chocolate sauce. Mmmmm.


SINGING AN UPLIFING SONG


INVITATION TO LOVE


Come when the nights are bright with stars
Or when the moon is mellow;
Come when the sun his golden bars
Drops on the hay-field yellow.
Come in the twilight soft and gray,
Come in the night or come in the day,
Come, O Love, whene'er you may,
And you are welcome, welcome.
You are so sweet, O Love, dear Love,
You are as soft as the nesting dove.
Come to my heart and bring it rest
As the bird flies home to its welcome nest.
Come when my heart is full of grief
Or when my heart is merry;
Come with the falling of the leaf
Or with the redd'ning cherry,
Come when the year's first blossom blows,
Come when the summer gleams and glows,
Come with the winter's drifting snows,
And you are welcome, welcome.


Paul Laurence Dunbar


Here's an insightful excerpt from the book LIES AT THE ALTER by Dr. Robin L. Smith:


“How To Ask For What You Need"


We like to think that our most intimate partner – the one who knows us best – can read our mind. How many times do we say, “If you really knew me, you'd know what I want”? But none of us are mind readers, no matter how great our love. We need to ask. Its so simple yet so difficult.


I encourage couples to learn to ask for what they need, using three guidelines that help assure a satisfying response:


1. Think small. A little bit at a time. Something concrete and doable.


2. Think specific. Ask for exactly what you need.


3. Think positive. Don't threaten or accuse. Make having your needs met beneficial for both of you.


KIND WORDS CAN BE SHORT AND EASY TO SPEAK
BUT THEIR ECHOS ARE TRULY ENDLESS


Proverbs 31:26 AMP


She opens her mouth with skillful and Godly wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness [giving counsel and instruction]

MEETING A MEMBER OF THE CHOIR


I heard this on NPR radio yesterday - you might want to check it out!

A trio of musicians from North Carolina are reclaiming the string band music traditons of the Black Piedmont. The Carolina Chocolate Drops are the hottest thing to hit the old time music community in decades.

You can here the entire audio article by clicking HERE


MARSHETTE AND HER COLORFUL JEWELLERY

ACTUAL WANT ADS (part 1)

2 female Boston Terrier puppies, 7 wks old, Perfect markings, 555-1234. Leave mess

A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine food expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms.


For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.


Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair to take home, too.

We do not tear your clothing with machinery. We do it carefully by hand.

Great Dames for sale.


Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it.

Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.


Vacation Special: have your home exterminated.


Mt. Kilimanjaro, the breathtaking backdrop for the Serena Lodge. Swim in the lovely pool while you drink it all in.


The hotel has bowling alleys, tennis courts, comfortable beds, and other athletic facilities.

Get rid of aunts: Zap does the job in 24 hours.


Toaster: A gift that every member of the family appreciates. Automatically burns toast.


Sheer stockings. Designed for fancy dress, but so serviceable that lots of women wear nothing else.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #188

Learn New Card Tricks

The #1 site for card tricks on the internet

CARD TRICK CENTRAL


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your beautiful wire flower's

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your time was wonderful ..and you got away with both of you having colds....loks like a great bush of people in the choir

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Barb how I missed you this weekend! I had a very hectic and stressful weekend and if I'd just taken the time to come visit your blog I would have been better but I didn't and for that I'm sorry. Thank you so much for the doodles they are awesome!!! I keep meaning to send you some Pj pictures but I forgot. if you still want them send me an email and I'll send them right over (I forgot your cutoff date) I'm so glad that you had a lovley date with Mr. Miles! Will and I had a little one the other day ourselves and it was faboo! Big hugs to you and than you for all the wonderful tips, thoughts, photos and freebies! Much love and hugs!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the wire flowers:)

    Please check your email Barb for Jan 26..I sent a pic of my pjs to you that day.I wasn't in them..but you said we didn't have to be.LOL

    My youngest son took me out to Golden Corral for supper tonight for one of my bday presents.He had to work yesterday.:( My dh took me to a fancy Italian Restaurant last night for one of my presents.I will have to exercise for a week to get those calories off.LOL

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh..forgot to say that I am sooo sorry you aren't feeling well.:( Hope you get better real soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your site. I can always count on you to make me think or make me smile. The freebies are just a bonus! Thank you so much!

    Sorry you are not feeling well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't sent in a photo yet...we will see. But in honor of pj day I have a special template on my blog. Get feeling better soon. You might have to just break down and eat some junk food...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts