Wednesday, January 03, 2007

TRIANGLE CHARMS ELEMENT
It was really nice last night, having some young folk to our house. Nathan and Leila are friends and part of our Church Family. They both have such a heart for God - Nathan is a graduate of Trinity Western and Leila is attending a Christian University in Edmonton - heading off for 6 weeks of missions soon to three exotic locations including China.

Nathan and Leila and dessert!

Our evening passed like a flash - we all had so much to share. Miles and Nathan spent hours with music on the computer, while I helped Leila get her computer straightened around with virus software etc. (Course I showed her how to bookmark my blog LOL!)

Our New Years Eve spread!

Dinner was a casual affair - I had everything ready to go in advance. I made the dessert early in the morning, my own take on a frozen sorbet-like cake using peaches. It turned out delightful! We had some Italian Wedding Soup to start (fitting as Nathan and Leila asked us to design their wedding invitations - they will be married this summer) The next course was my own recipe of a Bacon Olive Puff for which I will provide the recipe - and afterwards we all helped ourselves to trays of 'lil snackie foods. We have a dear Aunt and Uncle who do this sort of thing for us whenever we visit them, and its a really nice, relaxed way to eat. We did the same sort of thing for New Years as well as in the photo above.


BARB'S BACON OLIVE PUFF

1 sheet Puff Pastry (save parchment paper)

2 cups crispy cooked bacon, crumbled

1 cup diced green and red peppers

1/2 cannned olives, sliced in 1/2

1/2 brick cream cheese, softened

2 tbsp onion soup mix

Spread out the sheet of puff pastry on the parchment paper. Mix together the bacon, peppers & olives. Place in rounded mound on Puff Pastry - leaving at least a two inch gap around every edge. Mix the cream cheese with the onion soup mix. Dollop ontop of the bacon mixture. Begin pulling up the first corner of the pastry to the center top of the mound, pull the center of the side up, next corner and repeat all the way around until the puff is complete, sealed with a small knot ontop. Brush pastry lightly with whipping cream. Bake in a 375 degree (f) oven for 25 - 30 mins.

Layout by blog reader Dara

using my Blue Suede Kit

Thanks Dara for sharing your layout with us - that is one COOL trainset!

I would love to feature YOUR layout here on my blog if you use any of my elements - just send me a link and let me know its ok to publish! Unlike Dara, poor girl, who caught me at Christmas, in all the chaos - you won't have to chase me down! Thanks Dara for sending me a second email.

A LITTLE SMILE FOR YOUR DAY:

A wilderness area asked hikers to fill out comment cards. These are actual comments left by hikers:

Trail needs to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill.

Too many bugs and leaches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests.

Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow during the winter.

Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them.

The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals.

A small deer came into my camp and stole my jar of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call ###-###-####.

Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights.

Escalators would help on steep uphill sections.

Need more signs to keep area pristine.

A McDonalds would be nice at the trailhead.

The places where trails do not exist are not well marked.

I brought lots of sandwich makings, but forgot bread. If you have extra bread, leave it in the yellow tent at V Lake.

Too many rocks in the mountains.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #164

Puzzled?

Puzzlemaker is a puzzle generation tool for teachers, students and parents. Create and print customized word search, crossword and math puzzles using your word lists.

PUZZLEMAKER




6 comments:

  1. Thank you soo much for the triangle charms..they look great!
    I almost copied your recipe for the wonderful bread..until I read it needed olives..my dh won't go near a green one..:)Black ones are okay..bet they would taste too different in a recipe though.It looks yummy to me:)So does your New Years Spread...mmmm..if I hadn't just finished lunch..I would raid my fridge.LOL.
    Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog and dst..soo glad you like the page:)

    Have a fantastic day!
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WQW This totally awesome I LOVE IT!Thank you so very much and I hope to try the Bacon Olive Loaf.
    I copied and pasted it and printed it out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, that dessert looks divine. What a yummy looking spread! I loved the 'hiker comments' too. I can sympathize with a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb! Happy New Year!!! :) Your New Year's FEAST looks delicious...especially that dessert!!!! YUMmmm! Thank you so much for sharing your freebie and your recipe. Take care!
    Barb, from sunny (and very snowy) Manitoba, CANADA

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe sounds yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good will have to try out that recipe...thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts