Friday, January 26, 2007

PLAID BUTTONS SET TWO
download

Na Na! Only me and my sister and another reader are getting prizes on Jammies day – because the rest of you lazy bums (that's Miles term for me when I'm having a relaxing day) have not sent me pictures yet. Sure Becky, you SAY yours is onna way (ooooh, I HOPE your sweet kitten gets in on the shot) but I will believe it when I see it, girlie. Put your money where your lens is – tee hee!


So, WOW – what a response to the doodling – you little doodlers. Hey, I can DO THIS! Yes, I can do dinos, hearts, flowers – so get ready for my blog to be Doodle Download Central for a while! You wanted – you will get! So, this last set of buttons has cleaned out my button jar for a bit and I will get to doodling ... and you guys made terrific suggestions and keep them coming. See, I think the thing is.... I get so busy MAKING things, I am honestly not aware of whats out there... so I am counting on you to keep me informed. And thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your comments and encouragement! You make my day.




So, yesterday was the pot luck for the school and I did my turkey, as usual. Now, you all know that I'm on a diet. Let me tell you that I was QUIVERING while carving it!! LOL – I was weak at the knees looking at all that sumptuous white meat and golden, crackly, crispy, mouth watering skin. I did have breakfast an hour before, but my stomach chose to ignore that fact and I'm sure was speed digesting it's mini-wheats while I was working the turkey carcass. The ordeal made me carve that bird in record-breaking time. I'm sure it was plated in 10 minutes flat.


The pot luck was a big success. I could kiss our Principal, Bev, for bringing a huge assortment of fresh cut fruits – exotics like a large papaya, and bananas, strawberries (sweet ones in winter, no less!) flavorsome little purple grapes, delightfully yummy honeydew melons and oranges too. I made sure I visited her platter first, then rounded out my plate with the other luscious offerings. Used to be the other way around. But it's paying off! Miles and I worked out at the gym after school and were pleased to find that I've lost 12 lb, he's lost 7-8! The SparkPeople website makes it fun and easy to keep track.



This Guest came all the way from Sydney, Australia for our Pot Luck!
(It was so nice to meet you!)

My dear friend Alison happened to call just before I was heading off with the turkey platter and a pumpkin pie in hand (goodness knows what I would have done had I met a big dog on the way) Alison actually graduated at our school so she knows many people there – so I invited her to come along with me. She took me up on the offer and enjoyed herself. We did the thrift store and had a big pot of nice spicy chai tea for a good afternoon visit. Thanks Ali, for blessing my day.


Ah, yes... the thrift store and you are all dying to know what I purchased. Well, I won't keep you in suspense! I bought an attractive turquois sweater for my friend Rose (I'm safe she hardly never gets to read my blog as she works two jobs) a new can opener (my old one does not work properly and I was in danger of slicing a finger off at times – then how could I blog to you?) and an egg separator (I just read in a cooking tips book that its more sanitary than doing the eggshell to eggshell traditional separation due to the fact you can't know for sure the shell is germ free on the outside?) and a Kanga pack by North Face, in immaculate condtion. I paid a mere $4 for mine - check out HERE how much it would have cost if I had bought it new! I'm suspecting this might wind up being my camera bag...



My Thrift Store Goodies

I had comments on the flowers poem I printed yesterday so I will share another with you today. This one causes us to be thankful of the rain, which produces the flowers – the rain being our afflictions in life which produce their own fruit within our souls:


It isn't raining rain for me, it's raining daffodils;

In every dimpling drop I see wild flowers upon the hills,

A cloud of gray engulfs the day, and overwhelms the town;

It is'nt raining rain for me: it's raining roses down.


Gen. 41:52


For God hath made me fruitful in the land of my affliction




Things You Would Never Know Without The Movies Part 2


Interbreeding is genetically possible with any creature from elsewhere in the universe.

Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.

If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any strange noises in their most revealing underwear.

Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say: Enter Password Now.

Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning even though their husband and children never have time to eat it.

Cars that crash will almost always burst into flames.

The Chief of Police will always suspend his star detective - or give him 48 hours to finish the job.

A single match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of RFK Stadium.

Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.

It is not necessary to say hello or goodbye when beginning or ending phone conversations.

All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

It is always possible to park directly outside the building you are visiting.

A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.

It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.

No-one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.

When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds - unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.

An electric fence, powerful enough to kill a dinosaur will cause no lasting damage to an eight year old child.


BARB'S HANDY TIP # 185

The Why Files


I love this site – I've been visiting for years and I can't think why I didn't think to share it before. Its interesting and informative and thought provoking.


The mission of The Why Files is to explore the science, math and technology behind the news of the day, and to present those topics in a clear, accessible and accurate manner. We are based at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but The Why Files covers science at all institutions that engage in scientific exploration and discovery. We hope this information will help explain the relationship between science and daily life.


THE WHY FILES


7 comments:

  1. I'll be in my jammies most of the day today! Housework is always best done wearing jammies! I hope to send you a pic today after all is done. I'll try out a lo but never have posted anything do to the lack of computer knowledge. Love the buttons, we have a ranch have you any ranch doodles coming? Maybe a wagon wheel? Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for the buttons. I sure appreciate your sharing them with me.:)I left a comment at DST for you too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the 2nd part of plaid buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the buttons, but most of all thank you so much for sharing your life, poems and funny texts.
    I did not know the Why Files but I am definitely going to visit it often It is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb! ((hugs)) I am writing this as I am chatting with you! Talking about the wraps...my mouth is still watering. Thanks so much for all the buttons and the doodles! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really been enjoying all your button sets. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the buttons and the help online today with Sparks..I'll get right on that picture...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts