Saturday, January 13, 2007

IRON BUTTERFLY RIBBON CHARM


I used the idea of a black velvet choker necklace which I purchased over the holidays to design this element. I think it will be nice if you 'dangle' it from a ribbon on your layout?


It was fun working with the gifted students at the school yesterday. I gave a quick demonstration showing how to draw a simple cartoon character, and then add simple shading. I had the children paint the face a flat 'skin' color and then visualize which areas of the face 'stick out' - these, staying in the same color, but a lighter shade get painted next, followed by the regions which 'cave in' and these will be a darker shade. The children did a remarkable job! It was as I said - by the end of the lesson THEY were giving ME ideas!


We are very cold here in Osoyoos. We are hovering between -15 - 20 Celcius (5 F) When the wind blows, which it has done almost unceasingly lately, it drops even lower yet. Its not so bad when the sun shines - I can handle this, but what is difficult is the patches of ice everywhere. We experienced several days of snow-melt-freeze which has left us a legacy of thick, uneven and dangerous ice patches on our sidestreets and sidewalks. There's no running outside other than if you care to share the road with regular vehicular traffic. I feel awful for people who will be shut in by this weather!


My 'diet' is going well. Miles and I felt yesterday's food was a LOT - when you carefully choose you can still end up with a lot of food, just more healthy. I worked out at home yesterday, but will go to the gym today. Our days are jammed from end to end with ... life! God is doing some wonderful things in our life right now... I won't reveal just what I mean fully today - but truly, you will know soon!


I am feeling so humbled by my Father's love right now and I would like to share this song with you which keeps running through my head like continual praise:


ALL I NEED
Shawn McDonald


As I sit here and thinkAbout all that You've done

About how You gave me Your one and only Son

And I'm trying to fathomAll that You are,

but so far, Lord


You're so beyond me

I fall down in reverenceAnd I fall down in fear
And I'm asking You, Lord, won't You please draw near
Won't You open my eyes
So that I can seeThe way that You are working in me

All I need is Your loveTo come

and fill this heart of mine


My heart is a desert that has gone dry

And I need Your love to carry me bye, bye, bye, bye, bye
To carry me bye, bye, bye, bye, bye

To carry me byeAnd I lay down my life

And I put it before You
All that I am is in Your hands

And I'm not going to question,

why You're so faithful
Why that You give me the blessing that You have

Let the glory be known, let the glory be shown


Lift You up unto the throne

You are my God, You are my King

To You I give, I give You everything

All that I need is Your love, my God


What 'really' REALLY means:


"I can't find it," REALLY MEANS, "It didn't fall into my outstretched hands, so I'm completely clueless."


"Can I help with dinner?" REALLY MEANS, "Why isn't it already on the table?"


"It would take too long to explain, "REALLY MEANS, "I have no idea how it works."


"I'm getting more exercise lately," REALLY MEANS, "The batteries in the remote are dead."



"We're going to be late," REALLY MEANS, "Now I have a legitimate excuse to drive like a maniac."



"That's interesting, dear," REALLY MEANS, "Are you still talking?"


"Oh, don't fuss. I just cut myself. It's no big deal," REALLY MEANS, "I have actually severed a limb, but will bleed to death before I admit I'm hurt."

"What did I do this time?" REALLY MEANS, "What did you catch me doing?"


"You really look terrific in that outfit," REALLY MEANS, "Please don't try on another outfit. I'm starving."

"I don't need to read the instructions," REALLY MEANS, "I am perfectly capable of messing it up without printed help."



BARB'S HANDY TIP #173
Little Paper Doll Friends


This is a sweet and fun site passed along to me by a friend who
enjoys using it with her daughter.

Making Friends Paper Dolls

A new generation in paper dolls.Designed especially for kids, our "Friends" will bring hours of creative fun


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sooo much for sharing this beautiful element with me.You did a fantastic job on it.:)
    I am sooo curious as to how the Lord is working in your life.:)I am waiting patiently for you to spill the beans.LOL
    Thank you for your visit to my blog...I look forward to it every day.I appreciate your taking the time to comment every time you come too.People just don't know what they are missing when they don't get involved.I have made such nice friends on the blogs...one of them is you.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the gorgeous butterfly charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the element today. It looks like it should be a fancy belly ring. *grin*

    I blogged about our cold weather here today too. Too cold & icy to go outside for me. Its a jammy day around here!

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb! ((hugs))

    It is getting cold here now too! Brrr.. Nick is wishing for snow to try out his new sled! Things are fine here trying to organize my house. Home and personal! Love the new element - thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting with Val but have no patientence, all of it goes to my 2 y/o. So spill already before I go insane!!! Thank you for the lovely butterfly, now I just need to fins a spot for it. It's actually warm today so I took down the last of my Christmas decorations. Now just need to put them back in the attic. As always love to you and Miles!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful song Barb...love the butterfly dangler element...thanks sis

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts