Monday, January 08, 2007

STONE CROSS ELEMENT

He he - bet you are all wondering if poor Miles made it through the day without me chewing a limb up. Bet you thought all he was getting for dinner was hot toungue and cold shoulder. Bet you thought I iiiiii-ed him to death...

(Quote from blog reader Angela: I said a prayer for you, but especially for your husband because as soon as I went to that site I knew he would be in trouble today)

Never fear, Miles has spent many years of his life learning just how to tame this particular tiger. He can not only tame me but get me purring like a little kitten. I can remember when we were young newlyweds - what angst I caused my poor man! See, he's a "lets talk and hug" kind of person when I'm angry and I, on the otherhand, am a "leave me completely alone for a while" kind of person. This makes for some interesting marriage-building situations indeed.

Some of my friends seem surprized when I tell them I used to have a real anger problem - but I did! And I am only human, I do get very upset at times. Oh, I have come a looooonggggg way, baby, but still need some work in the 'meek and gentle' department sometimes. Oh, I will go through a tremendous time of character building and figure I've got it all licked and then the silliest thing will set me off and I am back to square one!

The difference is, now I know, that even when I do the worst of the worst in acting out in anger, Miles still loves me, unconditionally. Oh, he does not LIKE me much when I'm like that, but he does love me. I think I can honestly look back and see situations where I actually used anger as a control thing. The tiger growled and they scattered! - Miles was the lion tamer to step up to the plate.

Really, some of the things he had to go through at various points along the way we can actually laugh about today. For example - and I am actually laughing as I type this - (seems like it happened to a different person) - one time during a disagreement I actually squished a big mac hamburger onto the inside of the windshield of our van as we were driving somewhere. I can still see the meat patty dripping off the van and the look on Miles face. I can also remember how silly I felt right after.



Folks, I am all for love and being romantic, but some of our most marriage building moments are forged during the most trying and difficult times of our relationship. I think it has a lot to do with showing each other our 'worst' and loving each other through it!



Awrite... time for YOU to share! Surely I'm not the only one who is an ex-hamburger squisher, thrower of waterbottles and walkmans... (yep - but only like a 20 dollar one)...



If I was rated as a salsa for my anger, I would have gone from an extra-hot to a medium - and I am happy with that. Mild is nice but a tad uninteresting for my Miles taste (being a spicy italian guy...) ( I do let him hug me now when I'm angry and I even talk!)



Love sees through a telescope, not a microscope.



1 Corinthians 13:4-5 AMP


Love endures long and is patient and kind... it takes no account of the evil

done to it (it pays no attention to suffered wrong)






BONUS BONUS!!!
QP MADE OF MY ELEMENTS BY REBECCA FROM NEW YORK!


Well Rebecca, Rebecca - you sweet 'lil thing. Your not only interesting but multi-talented too. What a neat QP! You put it all together for me and the readers too... what can I say, you clever little woman. Not only are you a busy mom, scrapper, chocolatier... let me just say, you GOTTA come for tea sometime!


I also want to say to you, Josey, well you had much more reason to be out of sorts than me... after all this happened to you yesterday:


Aye yi yi! I needed this today because I am annoyed.I wish you a better day for the rest of the day. I waited two years for my new comp but have been ill since before Xmas & have been waiting for setup & hookup. Yesterday was the big day.10 mins before we got started my phone & internet went out.My dear ISP(also phone co.)disconnected everything & gave my number & internet to someone else. I finally got it back today.Now I may have to wait a few more days. Sigh


Thanks Josey... now I feel cheered up. (kidding) Actually I love when you all share with me - I feel like we help each other through life's little challenges. Please send me your thougths to share!


Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn (Part 1 of 2)



1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.



BARB'S HANDY TIP #169
Dialectize a WebPage!


Convert English text to any of several comic dialects.

The Dialectizer takes text or other web pages and instantly creates parodies of them! Try it out by selecting a dialect, then entering a URL or English text.


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the cross element!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning:)
    Thank you sooo much for the cross...that really looks nice.:) I also want to thank you and Rececca for the cool QP:)That was awful sweet of her to make that and you to share it with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're up mighty early today my friend... or you were up mighty late lastnight! Great photos today. I'm sure they are from Hayne's.

    I can't say I've been much of a 'temper tantrum' sort of gal. Luckily, I got my dad's laid back sort of attitude & not the red-head fire from my mom! Sometimes laid back isn't always good. And the odd time, I can POUT with the best of them when I'm unhappy, but it fizzles out pretty quick! Not a whole lot of 'meow' in me! LOL

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. This was fun:

    Your Text, Dialectized (fudd)
    Wove is patient, wove is kind. It does not envy, It does not boast, It is not pwoud. It is not wude, It is not sewf-seeking, It is not easiwy angewed, It keeps no wecowd of wwongs. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Wove does not dewight in eviw but wejoices wif the twuth. It awways pwotects, awways twusts, awways hopes, awways pewsevewes. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Wove nevew faiws. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for the cool leather elements and the cross!! Those look fantastic! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy Miss B,

    I love the cross element!

    I am going to talk w/ Darin RE getting those passports for the kids. :) I'll LYK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will admit to doing similar things, but I won't tell what they are...too embarrassing now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Barb!
    I find it funny that you got almost as many comments on your short angry post as you do for the long detailed ones. It just shows how everyone loves and cares about you. I didn't pop in yesterday so it was all resolved before it ever came to my attention. But i wouldn't have worried, being with that great guy I'm sure he can handle and love yo thru all your moods. Take care!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting the qp and your blog is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE reading your blog. You never cease to make me smile or laugh out loud. Your little tips are great and all of your freebies are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for my daily smiles on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That site is hilarious! I had to share it on my blog to pass the word!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the cross and leather elements. And thanks for your daily posts; I so very much enjoy getting up in the morning, sitting down with my coffee, and reading them before work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the QP and cross - love them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts