Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BUILD YOUR OWN TELEPHONE POLE

Ok, well this kit is not perfect, but its just a simple take on those telephone poles seen in every town. A place where the lost kitten signs and yard sale notices go up (and rarely come down as promptly as they went up) Oh, I get pretty choked when someone fails to take down a notice and the date is small and you spend precious time driving around on a yard sale morning looking for a now expired yard sale... but it no longer makes me squish hamburgers - LOL!

Ahhh... how nice to feel so not all alone. How nice to think I can actually inspire someone to suffer along with me on my weight loss journey (he he!) Actually, you have all been very helpful and encouraging to me. One of you was encouraging me AND discouraging me. Yes - I'm talking about you, dear Sister Nina! Bad girl. First off, she gives me a terrific site and some wonderful references to share with you (todays handy tip) and then... oh, its so cruel I can hardly speak, she tells me that today is my nephew's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!) and they will be eating PEROGIES and CHEESECAKE today. Oh, and she just peppered our chat with all sorts of food references... Well... like I told you Nina, when you eat a perogie, you might as well take some glue and just stick it to your stomach, because thats where they stay....


No, though you can tease me you can't dissuade me, Sissie... I'm over the little hump. Truly folks, if you can get through the first few days of your stomach feeling and sounding like a minature septic system, complete with horribly embarassing sounds and 'stuff'... then you can make it further. What is encouraging, is if you are like me and had fallen into a habit of eating, gnoshing, snacking at all times, then when you simply cut that out, and exchange it for a few healthier choices then you should notice an almost immediate loss of a small degree. This is what happened to me. I've gone from 67.5 kg on Sunday to 65.5 yesterday. (149 lb to 143 lb)

Now, I KNOW its not good to lose too fast and I am not starving myself. I have not had an opportunity to set up my meals yet so what I am doing is eating as healthy as I can. I do know my food pyramid and I know that eating as close to 'raw' is good. I am eating more than enough to keep me full, but there are a few things I am doing that help.

1. Eating slooooowwwwwly... so that my tummy has time to actually register that food is there before I go reaching for more. I actually eat a lot of my food with chopsticks so that I eat slower - not recommended for soup...he he! Bonus: I am enjoying eating more. Its FUN with chopsticks.

2. No snacking. As Oprah says: not even a grape 3 hours before bed. That is really hard for me... my tummy demanded the evening chips while I read just before sleep. By snacking I mean junk food, but you should still have little good snacks between your meals so you don't start looking at your office tools as a food source... just plan ahead in anticipation... so you don't reach for something instant to fill that void. Plan your snacks out ahead of time so they are there to rescue you in your time of need. A plastic container of cheerios, rye crackers with thinly sliced cheese, or with 1 tbsp peanut butter and some apple slices or dried apricots on them. That sorta thing.

3. Eat as close to raw as you can. The closest you can stay to non-processed will be healthier for you.

4. Cut out the BAD fats. Hey, in this day and age we all have a pretty good idea what kind of fats are ok. Your body NEEDS fats, just in moderation and the good ones. Avacados, raw nuts etc, that kind of fat is good. No, roasted nuts don't count as the fats break down upon cooking.

6. Be accountable. Find someone (or a whole lot of someones) to whom you can share and encourage along your journey.

In saying this, THANK YOU all so much for your wonderful, wonderful comments. If you don't read the comments added to my blog daily, you are missing the very best reading of all! I'm getting to know some of you very well, and anticipate hearing from you on a regular basis!

These are looking GOOD to me - YIKES!

(am I turning into a rabbit?)

SOME SURE SIGNS YOU ARE A GROWN UP:

You hear your favorite song on an elevator

6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to sleep.

You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.

Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

You actually eat breakfast foods at breakfast time.

Over 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as 'dressed up.'

Dinner and a movie - The whole date instead of the beginning of one.

You read this entire list looking for one sign that doesn't apply to you.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #171

More Wieght Loss Help

This site was shared with me by my dear sister (who tortures me the rest of the time) She says that we should also check out some of Dr. Oz's books too.

Are you biologically younger, older, or the same as your birthday age?

Take the Real age test: You’ll get:
A personalized plan to feel younger
A list of what’s making you younger or older

REAL AGE

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sign.:) You come up with some really cool stuff:) I will have to go down the road to hang it though...all our lines,cables,cords etc are under ground in our neighborhood.LOL You can see over the top of the trees with no obstructions.:)I actually enjoy watching the thunderstorms with the lightning coming past us.It's like a show just for me.:) Not too close though.I did say "past us"LOL.

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the telephone pole! I love your reading your blog and thanks for the great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the telephone kit. Looks like it will make a great "Wanted" sign for scrapbooking. You rock as usual. I always thank you for the "goodies" but I don't think I've ever told you how much I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for keeping me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the telephone pole kit...looks like a lot of fun! Best of luck with your dieting and thank you for the encouragement and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the telephone pole idea - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go Nina ....thanks Nina and Barb for the dieting ideas...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts