Saturday, January 13, 2007

BIG NEWS DAY!

CHOP, CHOP, CHOPSTICK ELEMENT

Now, this post will READ as yesterday, because I am baking it ahead of time and serving it to you in the morning - this means, when you read this, I will actually be in the kitchen making sweet, handsome, irresistable Miles some low-fat apple crepes for brekkie...

Yes, its finally the BIG NEWS day. You guys have been more than patient with me ... waiting for this announcement. Actually - Val and Kat, you have been soooo funny... I was considering to wait a day or two more to see if you might try to bribe me LOL!

Our New Home-to-be!

Ok, the BIG NEWS is that Miles and I are moving! Yep. Moving. Where to? Well, actually, to where we are... not in the same house, but in the same town, actually. We were not even looking to move - this happened to fall into our lives - truly a GOD thing. Very humbling indeed.

This will be our bedroom - $1,000,000 view!

We could not have chosen another place like this. It's everything we could desire. A house. Room for our photography printing to expand. Room to breathe. Quietude. Beauty. Onliest thing it does not have is Mr. and Mrs. B - our wonderful 'adopted' parents and good friends. This will be hard, hard. They have sheltered us under their warm wings for the past 9 years - did I say 9 YEARS? Time flies.

Really - on the lake!

We won't move 'till April, which gives us tons of time to plan and prepare. For a week now I've been waking up thinking "pinch me" every morning. I so wanted to share with all you, but of course our rellies come firstest. You will, however come with me over the next few months as we prepare and pack and paint and ... whew! I would love your tips and advice along the way.


I'm Not Starving!
(yesterday's menu plan - clik to view bigger)

I am amazed how much I can eat on this plan at Spark People.com and how much fun I am keeping track. Not only this - but I am meeting some nice people over there. For instance, Kerie welcomed me on board right away, and even sent me this recipe to share with you!

Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake

1 box of spice cake mix

1 15 ounce 100% Pumkin canned

1/2 cup of water

Mix all together. Will be pretty thick. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and evenly spread mix into bundt pan. Place in 375 degree oven for 40-60 minutes. Let cool. (Although it does taste good warm)

Number of Servings: 12

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KERIE871.

Nutritional Information:


Fat: 3.2 g
Carbohydrates: 38.7g
Calories: 192.0
Protein: 2.6g

Wow, how can you NOT love a recipe as easy as THAT? Thanks Kerie - got more???

BARB'S HANDY TIP #174

Wanna Be an Architect?

I mayyyyyyyyyy have given you this link before - but not for this latest version of Sketch Up. If you, or someone you know would like to play at designing your dream home, this program is perfect for you! Miles has even taught grade 3 to 5 students how to create with it - its simple yet has advanced features too!


This sketch-based 3D-modeling program offers a suite of powerful drawing tools that add an intuitiveness many design programs fail to achieve. On first impression, Google SketchUp may look like it sacrificed function for simplicity, but that's not the case. Despite the extremely user-friendly interface, SketchUp offers a suite of powerful 3D-drawing tools that let you experiment and play with new designs.


Using basic shapes in 3D space for your outline, you can then extrude those shapes to make buildings, houses, or really anything. There are actually a number of methods to build models and they're all covered by an excellent tutorial when you get started. You can pick from a number of true-to-life textures to simulate wood, concrete, grass, and several others. When your model is finished, you can save and print it, or you can even see it on a real map in Google Earth.


We really like how easy it is to create models using this program and recommend it to anyone from the hobbyist, for experimentation and fun, to the professional, who can use this app for preliminary concepts for larger projects.

GOOGLE'S SKETCH UP


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house it just goes to show that God works in mysteroius ways!!!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful Chopstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!! I am sooo excited for you and Miles!! ((hugs)) Can I tell you what a gorgeous view!!!
    I am terribly jealous and so happy at the smae time!!! {Kat is bouncing up in down in her chair}

    P.S. I definitely would have tried to bribe you today...;-)

    I am so happy for you both!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, many congrats for your new place. The view is breath taking!Can't wait for Spring to come visit you there!

    Lawrence has more than discovered Google Sketch up. He has been in Sketch up heaven for about 2 months now.

    First designing his shop, then the loft area on top and this past week, he's even designed & place ALL of our furniture in the loft so we know exactly how it will all fit when the time comes to move it on up.

    He has designed it right from the foundations, to the joists, to the brackets & angles & exact measurements he will use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the house! That is exciting. Best of luck to you both as you make this move. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new home.God is soooo good.What a view!!
    I know God gives us these wonderful homes...He gave my dh and I the one we are in now..We have been here ten years.:)This is gonna be a long one so sit back and snack on one of your low calorie junk food items.LOL.
    My dh and I were living in his Mom and Dads rental home (the extra home on their property)Because we had lost everything when I had a severe injury to my ankle and couldn't work. We were looking at Double Wide trailers to put on a piece of their property..out in the woods....We found one that we both really loved..the layout was really cool..but something just didn't go right.Unknowingly to us..my dd had been praying for a home with a basement in it that she could make into her bedroom..she even asked for a three bedroom ..two story with a basement.
    One day I just felt like I wanted to move back to Ga.and I told my husband that and he agreed instantly..and before the week was out..we moved to my sisters until we could find a home.My dh got a job working for a General contractor..laying brick.He happened to ask his General contractor if he knew of any three bedroom homes that would be in about our price rang.The general contrator asked his supervisor to run my dh over to this house and see if he liked it.He did.LOL. But went back to him and said..there is no way we could afford that and his GC said how do you know?Take your wife over there and see if she likes it.I did.LOL.I loved it and you know the kicker???It is the same layout as the Double wide we fell in love with.:)Odd part..it had never been lived in and stood vacant for four years and I was able to pick out the carpeting etc.because it hadn't been installed yet.:)It has the basement just like my dd wanted and she is living down there in the little apartment we made out of it.I KNOW God answers prayer.!!This is only the short version of the story.:)
    Enjoy your wonderful gift from God:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house is SOOOO exciting and what a VIEW! God is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the new place Barb and Miles ..God has blessed you two...can't wait to visit ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been tagged

    These are the rules to play blogtag:

    -- List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets.
    -- Tag 5 friends and list them.
    -- Those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people.
    -- Don't forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

    1. I eat corn straight from the can.
    2. I think scrambled eggs and BBQ chicken is a great sandwich.
    3. I think all foods would taste better with garlic! (excluding desserts, well maybe some of them too)
    4. I love to swim but hate to get wet.
    5. I always have to have socks on, ALWAYS! (Yes, even then. Okay I take them off for water sports and bathing but not always)
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful blessing to have your new home with such an absolutely majestic view. Before I was married I shared a house with a girlfriend. It was on the upper street of the last hill in town, with an unobstructed view toward the west. We spent countless hours standing at the windows watching the incredible, magnificent sunsets as they changed minute by minute. I know you'll post lots of photos for us to enjoy.

    I colorized and used 'Let it Snow' papers for a LO on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1-15-07
    Good Morning you two:) Have you started packing yet?LOL
    Just checking in to see how you are doing today:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your new home. What a view!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely homy house! Hope you'll have more great memories to share with us in your new home. Happy for you! XO Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts