Thursday, January 25, 2007

TEA FOR TWO DOODLES
download

My friend Gina tells me that doodles are all the rage. We went back and forth on this one - me telling her "but these are doodles... I do these when I'm yakking on the phone, for Heaven's sake! Surely no one wants my doodles?" She assures me that you may... So - are you fans of doodling? So, since Gina is a tea person - these first ones are dedicated to her. Should I be making more of these things? What theme would you like? You can just call me Barbara Jean the doodling machine!
My friend Mavis sent me this picture yesterday, of a brave little winter pansy in her garden. She also sent one of some snowdrop out too - but blogger ate that one and I dare'nt re-upload that one. I've found if you mess with Blogger, Blogger generally wins. So... Does this mean spring is on it's way? Oh, how I long for it. I get SAD in the winter and Miles in past winters would send me off to the tanning bed to give me a kick-start in the emotional department (in other words, I would nearly take his head off in crankiness, and since I wasn't tired, hungry or cold he would try this...) But this winter I decided to give my skin a break from the tanning. I feel like a lump of white pastry dough - and a few days have been hard enough for me to consider making an appointment. But perhaps our long, long winter is over. Thanks Mavis, for sharing a hopeful moment of spring with us.

THY HIDDEN ONES

Thick green leaves from the soft brown earth,
Happy springtime hath called them forth;
First faint promise of summer bloom
Breathes from the fragrent, sweet perfume,
Under the leaves.

Lift them! What marvelous beauty lies
Hidden beneath from thoughless eyes!
Mayflowers, rosy or purest white,
Lift their cups to the sudden light,
Under the leaves.

Are there no lives whose holy deeds-
Seen by no eye save His who reads
Motive and action - in silence grow
Into rare beauty, and bud and blow
Under the leaves?

Fair white flowers of faith and trust,
Springing from spirits bruised and crushed;
Blossoms of love, rose-tinted and bright,
Touched and painted with Heaven's own light
Under the leaves.

Full fresh clusters of duty borne,
Fairest of all in that shadow grown;
Wondrous the fragrance that sweet and rare
Comes from the flower-cups hidden there
Under the leaves.

Though unseen by our vision dim,
Bud and blossom are known to Him;
Wait we content for His heavenly ray -
Wait till our Master Himself one day
Lifteth the leaves.



Well - lookie here - here's the snowdrop picture skinched in where I could not see it. Ha! Blogger's messing with my mind!

See what my friend Rose is torturing me with in the meantime? While painting at her house the other day, she offered these to me not once, not twice but three times. How cruel. What strength I have. ha ha!

Just a short entry today as I have to carve a turkey bird for our Pot Luck at the Learning Center. You all have a good day.

Things You Would Never Know Without The Movies - part 1


All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.

Most dogs are immortal.

If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade - at any time of the year.

All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets which reach up to the armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.

It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.

The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No-one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.

If you need to reload your gun, you will always have more ammunition - even if you haven't been carrying any before now.

You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.

Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

If your town is threatened by an imminent natural disaster or killer beast, the mayor's first concern will be the tourist trade or his forthcoming art exhibition.

The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.

A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.

The Chief of Police is always black.

When paying for a taxi, don't look at your wallet as you take out a bill - just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.



BARB'S HANDY TIP #184

Get Human Help


If you are like me, you've had enough of automated responses when you phone companies, right? Well, now here's a website which provides you with the numbers to get HUMAN help from major companies! (sorry, U.S.A. only)

GET HUMAN

21 comments:

  1. Barbara Jean Doodle queen I love your doodling. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Hugs Sis. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the cute tea doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doodles are fine but I like buttons better (LOL). However I always seem to be rescuing your husband. You can come to Barbados and find all the sun you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog today! I love the doodles they are all the rage! I'm even giving one as my freebie tomorrow-heehee. I love your movie list and a link to actual people is fantastic! I hate waiting thru all those push button menus to finally get the option- "if none of these apply press (#,*,0) to get the operator. Just give me her in the first place!!!!
    Big hugs,
    -Amy
    I would like to request from you doodles of hearts, easter eggs or flowering vines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doodles barb and have tried my hand at a few. I love these. thank you but the link doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried it again and it worked fine. I think bloger is after me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the neat tea doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are you doodles? I'd love to see what you make when you are not on the phone! LOL They are lovely. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your doodles!!! they are just so sweet!! thanks tons, i enjoyed the buttons while they lasted but hey, thats the way of the world, isnt it ;) by the way, how do you make them? do you draw them and scan them in or paint them on the program? i'm trying to make some heritage/memories/family doodle-thingies (like a postmark, a "memory" word, "family" word, etc) but i just cant seem to figure out how to do it. my pen drawings are too thin and pixelated and just dont look like doodles. *sigh!* but yours are awesome!! thanks tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks a lot for the tea party.
    I just love doodles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb, I think your doodles are sweet, I have been away for several days so I just received your note today. Don't worry about me I'll find a away to work this out (downloads) we rarely go south since my family lives north up the valley and with 2 little daughters we don't drive long distances much, only when absolutely necessary. To many crasy drivers you know! Since my honey is a long haul driver there isn't a day he doesn't see an accident and he is very protective of us. Thanks for the offer and if we head south I'll be sure to take up on your offer, maybe during the warmer weather. Take care. Thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a fan of doodles! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. doodles...are from what I have seen, something I do while on the phone...yours are very elegant...I might have to have a tea party and take pics just to use them...lol
    I would love to see some doodles with brothers and sisters...siblings...I have 4 two of each, with the girls being twins and do alot of layouts with all of them or just a couple of them. but I enjoy the blog anyway...and thank goodness for L-shape sheets in movies...my husband would like some, so I don't choke him...lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you soo much for these wonderful doodles.I haven't tried them real often..But am thinking of putting a page up tomorrow that I did way back when I discovered they were so popular.:)That is..if I can find it in my hard drive.LOL.
    BTW..the archway page I did ....the background paper has my doodle vine and corner vine that I made.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a real doodle fan. Yours are really great. I don't even know how to make them and besides, I really can't draw. But the tea party is really cute. Just in case you don't know what kind of doodles to do, I would go crazy about some colored swirly ones or funny flowers or just the classic embellishments like fasteners and buttons in doodle look. Anyway your work is always so great. Thank you bunches for sharing your talent. Sometimes I almost feel sorry for coming here and download things without being able to give you great stuff back. So even more thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the wonderful doodles - my doodles just look like junk- yours become art!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos today. Oh how I'm longing for spring too. Loved the poem. Great icicle shot as well. Hoping I can get out & do some more shooting on Saturday morning, weather permitting. I sure wish I could have gone out to take some in that awesome FOG today. Would have made some very moody shots!

    I like the 'movie' knowledge. Hope there's more! Hmm, my grocery bags often contain french bread - does that make me a movie star?? yayayay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love doodles! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the doodles Barbara Jean...and the pansy looks beautiful so small but full of color...way to go with the will power on the chocolates

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute doodles, Barb. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh yes, let's see more doodles, please! :-)
    thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts