Monday, January 15, 2007

TREES AND FOLIAGE


This element is more of a fun one than anything. I created it BIG - I thought it might be a fun one for showing that great old tree with the tire swing you were so fond of as a child - or for a family tree - or for a children's fantasy layout... I know its not as refined as some of my elements, this one was pure imagination and fun. The leaves were created seperate so you can 'change seasons' and if these colors don't suit you, I simply made them from the natural brushes in Photoshop and you could easily make your own foliage. Also, I included a plain black template too, for the trunk, so you could cut your own trunk out of your own paper. It could be very interesting if you did that, then overlaid your own paper pattern using a blending mode, over the wooden trunk? I would love to see how you use this idea!


Jill, you left a comment for me, that you've used one of my papers in a layout... can we seeeee, pretty please? I would love to publish it here if you email it to me (lalalime@hotmail.com) It would be helpful if it were reduced to 500 x 500 px.


Thank you all so very, very much for your well wishes on our new home-to-be. I lay at night as I drift off, and walk through the house over and over, planning what will be where. Its a very exciting time of our lives! This beautiful home will be ours, here on earth - seems heavenly, but it brings to mind, if this place delights us so, then what will heaven be like?



No eye has seen,


No ear has heard,


no mind can concieve what God has prepared


for those who love him.



1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV


I have been TAGGED... ok, meybe I am weird or something (actually thats what the tagging is about, he he!) but this is the very first time I have been tagged. Really. I've been hanging out here in blogland for what, 2 years now, and never been tagged. I often wondered when my turn would be. Its going to take me a day to prepare this as I have so many quirks its going to be hard to narrow it down to 5.


Yesterday I made my sweetie a gourmet, low fat breakfast and he loved it so much I will share it with you.



CINNAMON CREPES


1 1/2 cup skim milk from powder


1 cup flour


2 eggs


1 tbsp olive oil


1 tbsp brown sugar


1/2 tsp vanilla


1/2 tsp cinnamon


1/4 tsp allspice


1/3 tsp nutmeg


1/2 tsp cinnamon


You may cut the flour down a bit and add more egg or egg white if you wish. Using a hand held mixer, beat the wet ingredients first, then add in the dry slowly until incorperated, then till the batter is smooth. This batter is best if made at least 1 hour before - or can be made the night before and refridgerated.


Fry in non-stick pan with no oils or butter. Makes a ton.


NO FAT APPLE FILLING


4 cups peeled, sliced apples


2 tbsp jello jelly powder - any flavor (c'mon, be DARING!)


Cook for 2 -4 minutes, on high, in microwave so that apples are still a tad crispy.


Assemble the crepes by filling each crepe with about 1/2 cup apple filling and rolling up. You will end up with many extra crepes, which will keep well in the fridge or freezer.


Top with 1 tbsp chocolate sauce and even a teensy of light cool whip or whipped topping. Delicious and good for ya without throwing you off your diet!




All the photos you are seeing today are ones of our outdoor excersize adventure. It turned out an adventure in how to stay warm as the day was frigid! It's unseasonably cold for this are - seeing people on ice is a huge rarity here, even though I know many associate Canada with ice and hockey and igloos. Miles took the amazing ice form picture - I want this one framed in our new house!






I nearly froze my legs off as I got so eager to do some macro photography that I laid for a while on the ice... and we had so much fun on some parts of ice as it had frozen over in pockets creating huge panes of think glass-like areas that we Krinched and Krunched with our feet.



BARB'S HANDY TIP #175

Make Your Own Wanted Poster




Put your own picture on an Old West wanted poster! Also, a few other fun activities!





12 comments:

  1. the recipe sounds good and I will have to try them out on your bro...love the picture of the ice awesome....neat trees ..will have to see what Melissa and I can come up with ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again:)
    Thank you for the trees and foliage.:) They look great!Gotta run..I am sooo far behind this morning.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the yummy sounding recipes and fabulous freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful for you to move to such a beautiful place! God hasn't seen fit to place me in such a setting, but I keep praying. Thank you for the lovely elements that you so generously share with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tree!!!
    Love the photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the trees and the link the fun website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... I am so hungry now!! That looks fabulous! I love your trees...then again I love the fall ;-) Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum YUM!!! thanks for sharing that recipe barb!! :)

    I love SparkPeople

    AND what an AMAZING VIEW!!!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laying on the ice yesterday? It was COLD! :) I only exited the house for groceries so we didn't starve & then happily got back into my fleecies & turned on the crackling fire DVD.

    Love the ice image. They are amazing to photograph, even when its so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the fun download! I love the ice photo - I am sure it will look great in your new place :) Best wishes with your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! It's going to take you a whole day to think of 5 things that set you apart?! I think that right there is one of them. Glad I could be your first tag. Big hugs,
    -Amy
    P.S. Emma sends big wet kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! My brain is moving with these tree elements...lots of ideas nothing jelled, but I love them and wanted to tell you...I live in the southwest and the sunsets here are so beautiful, thinking of incorporating the black sillaquete(eek on spelling) with the back ground.
    But thank you!
    oh gosh, the rocks! I forgot to thank you...I have a rock collector,my 8 year old boy and I am the washer of said rocks via the washing machine and his pockets...I am planning a layout of what is in Gabriels pocket? lol, I think the rocks would be a great embellishment...he carries a rubber rat foot also? lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts