Tuesday, February 13, 2007

VALENTINES HEART ENVELOPE TIES

Only one more day to prepare for Valentines! I've got my 'something' all sewn up (in a manner of speaking) other than a few little odds and ends I have to pick up downtown today. I would love to share with you but sometimes Miles sneaks into my blog and we just couldn't blow his big surprise! It took some brain-racking and creativity and loads of time and a liddle liddle bit of money – but worth every speck of it all!

All of today's pictures are from stock exchange!


Today I was listening to Dr Gary Chapman as he was featured on Midday Connection on KMBI (Moody Radio) Dr Chapman was speaking on the 5 Love Languages – a subject I never get tired of – and it occurred to me in some statement he made, just how much I appreciate how Miles appreciates me – verbally. My husband lifts me up in front of his friends and colleagues almost to the point of embarrassment at times. See – I think about ME – not about how it might feel if he never did this, and I am so glad my eyes have been opened. Dr Chapman's interview really encouraged me to find new ways to let my husband know how much I value him. Did you know that you can listen to this interview on a podcast? That you can subscribe to all Midday Connection Podcasts? There are always Spiritually enriching programs daily and its not often I miss one. The nice thing is, even if you don't get this particular station, or want to listen “on demand” (when you have the time) you can do this by simply clicking HERE


Even better, if you have Internet Explorer 7 you can subscribe via RSS! You are what you eat – and listen to, fill up on something good today!


Do you know that USA will spend 17 billion dollars this year for Valentines? I am sure we can't be too far behind. I try to make many days Valentines for my sweetie. I mean – its EXPECTED on Valentines... its so much more rewarding when I can ambush my sweetie unexpectedly – for no reason at all other than to say I LOVE YOU. God created us all to desire to be special in the eyes of the one we love! Keeping this in mind - thats how your spouse desires to feel, they need to verbally hear you uplift them daily. 1 compliment has more power than all times you point out their shortfalls. Do you ensure you dispense more encouragement than critisism?

KEEP YOUR FACE TO THE SUNSHINE OF HIS LOVE

AND THE SHADOWS WILL FALL BEHIND YOU.

Psalm 17:8

"Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me in the shadow of thy wings."


I would love to hear your romantic ideas! Why not share them here?


I want to say THANK YOU, AMY for the little giftie you sent me ... your entirely too sweet! Amy made a beautiful paper pack using my doodles yesterday! If you don't already stop in at Amy's blog daily - your missing out on a ton of freebies! Amy takes time each day to compile a complete list - and includes sweet pics of her dd too!

LAYOUT BY MISTY CATO

My son turned two on Thursday and while I'm alittle weepy that he had outgrown 'baby' so fast, I just adore hanging out with my little guy.

Credits: Duck illustration by Barb Derksen (aka lalalime), Papers and stitched swirl from Admiration by SaraAmarie, metal swirl from Wonderful Life by Manuela Zimmerman, 'Two' tag from Numbered by Misty Cato


I saw the sweetest idea in a back issue of a Martha Stewart magazine yesterday.. if you need a neat idea for a valentines card, buy a package of forget me not seeds and some glassine envelopes ... then make a little simple greeting card and put some seeds inside!


Another cool idea she had, though its a little too late at this point, is to buy an OLD piece of silver from a thrift store, and have a sweet sentiment engraved on it....


And this one is cool too – get some kitchen napkins and embroider your family initials on them!


I'm going to keep this sort of short today as I have to put the finishing touches on Miles gift and I have a lunch date with Judy (our Pastor's wife) today, which I am very much looking forward too. It's been just a few short weeks since Judy's daugther Rebecca and children moved away, after having lived with Judy for a year while her husband was training to be an RCMP officer... so I KNEW there would be an empty spot in Judy's heart right about now...



A red, red rose


My luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June;
My luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I,
And I will luve thee still, my Dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry
Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
I will luve thee still, my Dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only Luve,
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' it were ten thousand mile!


Robbie Burns 1759-1796


BARB'S TIP #200
When Did Who Eat What?


Ever wonder what foods the Vikings ate when they set off to explore the new world? How Thomas Jefferson made his ice cream? What the pioneers cooked along the Oregon Trail? Who invented the potato chip...and why?


Food history is full of fascinating lore and contradictory facts. Historians will tell you it is not possible to express this topic in exact timeline format. They are quite right. Everything we eat is the product of culinary evolution. On the other hand? It is possible to place both foods and recipes on a timeline based on print evidence and historic context.


FOOD TIMELINE

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for the wonderful ties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for another of your wonderful freebies.:) This is great!

    Hugs,
    Valinda
    p.s. the blog today has pt 2 of the tags etc..it looks so much like the one from yesterday..that I think they think it hasn't been updated.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including my layout among all your funny, inspirational and heartwarming thoughts for today. Have a great Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ties, I'm in love with those things! And you're welcome for the papers- I went a little crazy with your doodles last night, I'll send you the link to the LO if I ever finish it. The 2 cool valkentine ideas I've run across this year are
    1. for kids- buy a small plastic pail and shovel and wright on the shovel "I dig you!" then put goodies into the pail.
    2. Make a romantic meal by using hearts. Garnish cutters to cut out food in the shape of hearts(a couple heart shaped carrots in with the roasted potaotes) and a soap or chocolate mold to make heart shaped butter pats- freeze them then pop them out. Use on bread or flavor them for the top of your steaks/fish/etc.

    Hope that helps and have a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the ties...and the heart in the clouds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww these are really cute!!! TY for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your son enjoyed his 2nd Birthday, they just grow up way to quickly...don't you agree? Just dropped in to share some love from Let's Scrap and also a big thankyou for your lovely freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you, just want to share some love from Let's Scrap. Great blog and thanks for the freebies.

    Hugs
    Silke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Valentines Day! I justed dropped in to share some love from Let´s Scrap :)
    Thank you very much for your nice freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to share the Love from Let´s Scrap! Thank you for sharing all your stories and freebies with us :) Have a great Valentine´s day!

    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  11. i stop here to leave some love from let's Scrap and i like your blog!!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually spend my hard earned American dollar the day after Valentine's Day, when everythings reduced 50%. Does this still count toward the total?

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww so cute. tfs!
    and share some love from lets scrap too. happy valentines day.
    nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mrs Miles, Happy Valentines Day. I have just found you blog and would like to share some love from the Let's Scrap forum. I have just downloaded your gorgeous doodles and envelopes, thank you so very much for sharing these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm liking the doodles you've been doing - and sharing. Sharing the Love from Let's Scrap! D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Barb!:)

    I missed you yesterday.:( Hope everything is okay with you.

    I decided to join in with the Let's Scrap group and share some love with you today.:)

    Happy Valentines Day! Hope you and Miles have a wonderful day.:)


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts