Saturday, February 10, 2007

LOVE NOTE AND PIN

I got restless yesterday, and after a good late morning nap I felt refreshed enough to take a walk downtown to the post office and library. When your sick you forget how good it feels to be outside in the fresh air. Good rx for the lungs! Somehow between yesterday and the last time I got out for a walk winter lost some of it's hold on our little corner of the map. There were birds singing, and not just our regular geese and ducks, but birds with real musical merit. The snow has melted back from the sidewalks and streets showing more brown earth than ice, and buds are forming green on the lilac bushes. There's even a hint of warmth in the sunshine, when it casts its somewhat milky face to us in the daytime. Now I know if you're reading this from New York you must be simply green with envy... I feel for you folk with your unusual amount of snow!


SPRING FLOWERS BY KAMLOOPS, BC

Sigh, after a hard week of work Miles and I decided to rent a movie. We chose some movie with Robin Williams which was recommended by the movie store owner - we shoulda done our research as between the language and questionable materials it lasted all of about 7 minutes in our player... another 5 dollars down the drain. Its SO hard to choose these days!

LICHEN ON A ROCK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, MID-BC

Since I don't have a lot of bloggable personal material today, I'm going to keep it short. I will just leave you with lots of love stuff - get you geared toward Valentines which is approaching fast.

THE FIRST DAY

I wish I could remember the first day,

First hour, first moment of your meeting me;

If bright or dim the season, it might be

Summer or winter for aught I can say.

So unrecorded did it slip away,

So blind was I to see and forsee,

So dull to mark the bugging of my tree

That would not blossom yet for many a May.

If only I could recollect it? Such

A day of days! I let it come and go

As traceless as a thaw of bygone snow.

It seemed to mean so little, meant so much!

If only now I could recall that touch,

First touch of hand in hand! Did one but know!

Christian Rossetti

And do you remember where and when you and your beloved first met? Have you done something special to commemorate that moment? If you haven't this Valentines would be a terrific time to do this - if you have before, you could re-celebrate it by recreating the moment in a poem or letter. If you need to make a poem and need help rhyming you could go to www.rhymezone.com ... I've used it many times myself!

BARB'S HANDY TIP #197

Need Valentines Help?

Over 10,000 Creative Ideas & Expert Advice on Love, Dating & Romance. THIS SITE IS PACKED with great ideas - no more excuses Ladies!!!

THE ROMANTIC

10 comments:

  1. I do remember the moment my husband and I first met. We had been 'chatting' on the internet for a couple months before I finally got brave enough to come meet him. We had a whole day planned. It was July 1st. We started off with breakfast at Smittys. I remember walking over to him unsure what to say or do. So I gave him a big hug and that broke the ice. We had a wonderful first date and got married exactly one year later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the Lovenote & pin DL!
    Glad to hear your feeling a little better and the walk did you some good!
    TYS the wonderful photo's too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your Blog. Wonderful freebies... Thank you...

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the adorable love note and pin! Glad you are starting to feel better! Yes, I do remember the first time I met my husband. It was at a dance and my sister introduced us! Thanks for the two great links for Valentine help!!! It is appreciated! BettyJoR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb..question..you know I just changed to the new blogger..and when you first did that you weren't able to leave comments either...what did you do to get the new blogger to allow you to leave them???hmmmm??LOL

    I love the heart and pin ..they are fantastic..thank you sooo much.

    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..forgot to answer your question..do I remember the first time I met my dh.??I moved across the street from him when I was thirteen.:)The first time I rememeber him talking to me was a short time after that...he asked if the seat next to me on our school bus was taken and I said no..he sat down and has been by my side ever since.:)We got married..I was seventeen..he was eighteen and this Aug 1..we will be married 36 yrs.:)

    Hugs again:)
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb! Hubby and I were friends first so it was more of when was the moment you knew there was a deeper connection. He told me a joke one night before going inside for the night and I laughed. I knew at that moment I was in love with him and here we are :-) Thanks for the gorgeous pin set!! Love it! Thank you! Nick is yelling "Tell Barb hi!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb..I figured out what I was doing wrong with the comments ..so..if all goes well..you should be reading this.LOL..
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the freebies you always share! Love them all!!

    Next time you are looking for a movie, try "Facing the Giants". A really good movie with a great message. It was produced by a church down in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts