Monday, February 12, 2007

FUNKY DOODLES (full 12 x 12 inch page!)

Mmmmm.... yesterday was our 'day off' from our diet and Miles took me to the local ABC for lunch. The food is always consistently good but it mostly got my vote for the atmosphere and nice view and small, snuggly booths. I had been dreaming in my mind since the day before which restaurant we would go to, and I had narrowed it down to three choices. What made up my mind in the end was seeing the rain and fog pressing against the window this morning – I knew at this point that atmosphere (snuggle-ability) was the biggest factor. Real food. Miles tackled a burger and I had chicken strips – we shared some fries and salad. It was soooooo good
!


By the way - I need to clarify something. Miles wanted me to actually explain some scientific ideal to go along with yesterdays tasteless poo picture... something to the effect of how the poo, being composed of compost type materials would ferment, release gasses and heat, thereby creating the big 'pocket' of space in the ice... does that make it more palatable?




VIDEO DOG says "Puh-lease! Leave me with my dignity!"

If you go to the Yore Movie Store here in Osoyoos, you will meet this dog!


Boy, where was
THIS SITE about two weeks ago, when I could have even entertained the idea of ordering chocolates of this caliber for my sweet? Some ones in particular which intrigue me are the following...


The gray and smoked salted caramels from Seattle-based Fran's are what you want to get someone you really, really like.


Norman Love used to be a pastry chef, but now focuses entirely on designing chocolates that look too good to eat. (But they're entirely — and deliciously — edible.) His truffles are filled with a variety of flavors: lemon, peanut butter, and caramel (which one tester said "reminded me of a Sugar Daddy, but better.") Our panelists were impressed not only by the taste, but by the appearance of Love's truffles, which look like miniature paintings left over from Woodstock.


Dark chocolate is bitter. And dark chocolate with bits of chili and cherries is bitter still — but with a zesty kick. (And a love poem on the wrapper.) If your love likes things hot and spicy, try Chocolove's Chili's and Cherries in Dark Chocolate bar. For the Culinary Adventurous: Raspberry wasabi? Rose hip tea? Granola and yogurt?(!) The flavors in Garrison Confections' box read like a hipster fusion restaurant's appetizer menu.


For the Kids: Eating mice-shaped chocolate is a pleasant experience, but only if you don't have an infestation at home. Cambridge-based L.A. Burdick's box of animal shaped chocolate (they come in penguins or mice) will wow your little ones.


For the Starving Artist: Two Poet Truffles is a two-person Michigan-based homemade poetry and truffle operation. With every batch of six truffles, you also get a homemade poem. The poetry's good, but the truffles are even better. Orange and Smoked Paprika Caramel truffles, just one of an assortment of odd (but enjoyable) "really yummy" flavors.


GARDEN OF LOVE


Cabbage always has a heart;
Green beans string along.
You're such a Tomato,
Will you Peas to me belong?
You've been the Apple of my eye,
You know how much I care;
So Lettuce get together,
We'd make a perfect Pear.
Now, something's sure to Turnip,
To prove you can't be Beet;
So, if you Carrot all for me
Let's let our Tulips meet.
Don't Squash my hopes and dreams now,
Bee my Honey, dear;
Or tears will fill Potato's eyes,
While Sweet Corn lends an ear.
I'll Cauliflower shop and say
Your dreams are Parsley mine.
I'll work and share my Celery,
So be my Valentine.


VALENTINE'S DREAM


After she woke up, a woman told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?" "You'll know tonight." he said. That evening, the man came home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it to find a book entitled "The Meaning of Dreams"




I was browsing through a magazine a friend gave me and thought this was a very nifty item – so sharing with you. It's called a Gamila Tea Stick - you can scoop and stir loose tea right in your cup - I think it would be 'specially handy if you were travelling! Gina, you would appreciate this! You can find out more about this item by clicking HERE.


BARB'S HANDY TIP #199
Add Metadata Easily! (and FREE!)

Microsoft Photo Info is a new software add-in for Microsoft Windows that allows photographers to add, change and delete common "metadata" properties for digital photographs from inside Windows Explorer. It also provides enhanced "hover tips" and additional sort properties for digital photographs in Explorer (in Details view). (Becky - I bet you will appreciate this!)

8 comments:

  1. Cool microsoft photo site. Going to check it out. Might be useful.

    Love the ice pix, especially the leaf one!

    Saw you guys yesterday out driving in the rain, just like we were :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doodles. Thank you. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, very cool! I have something like that, but not in cylindar form. I have a teaspoon that has a 'top' to it and lets the tea steep through it. I'm off to check that out! Thanks for thinking of me sis!~G

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that talk about restaurants, food and chocolate made my mouth water!
    Thanks a lot for more great doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb,
    Thanks for explaining the poo photo- I was begining to wonder about your hubby. That tea doo-hicky is neat-o. I love your doodles, especially the butterfly! Now as to chocolates I have a one stop shop because I love their stuff and they send it in an ice chest in the warm months so it won't melt so I love them even more! It's www.Sees.com for Sees candy and I could go thru and give you a detailed description and review of almost their entire catalog but I'll just list my favs:
    Awesome nut and chew bars
    Scotchmello bars
    Pops
    and their truffles aren't half bad either.
    Well I'm off to play with a monkey (aka- Emma)
    Hugs my dear!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute doodles. Thank you...

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Barb:)
    I love your funky doodles.:)Thank you for sharing them with me.:)
    I didn't get a chance to come read your blog yesterday..was very busy with my dh and ds.We went shopping and got a few things for the computer and printer etc.It takes all day usually... especially when you throw in lunch and errands.:)

    Have a fantastic day today.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the funky doodles ..and the leaf picture is so neat ..but then agin girl you always foun those neat one of a kind pictures

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts