Thursday, February 08, 2007

OH, MY BROKEN HEART - element & staple

My love language these past few weeks has been Miles bringing me cold medications. They've run the gamut from all in one - daytime and nighttime capsules right to lately being benelyn cough syrup, throat lozenges and sinus meds. I've had yick tasting stuff to some that were almost tasty.

I don't usually take medicine. I don't take vitamins. I'm just healthy most of the time, but when I'm sick I not too stubborn to get help. If it were not for some of these wonderful meds, I would not have been able to blog these past few weeks!

I'm not alone - I'm hearing from far and near - you all are battling your own strains - many of you home alone with sick snotties too. Donning the nursing cap and all that. When Momma goes down - all is chaos! Hopefully spring will start poking it's head up and our health will improve and this will all be a set of memories packed away with the winter hats and coats and boots.


I've made a few forays out into the world - the thrift shop, of course is always #1 on my list. This past week has been phenomenal. The photos you are seeing are all items purchased in the last week. With a total of $12 I think I've done quite well!

This blue shirt is some sort of nike drifit material which wicks away moisture from your skin. Will be nice when we start road running again!


Miles fits this jacket nicely - but he says I can wear it too... has some nice reflective strips on the side - a good and timely replacement to the last running jacket we bought, at a yard sale 9 years ago, which is wearing it's reflective strips off.


This coat is down filled - something you don't see much these days. I love wearing down - imagine I'm like a canada goose sitting on the ice, the ice and air is cold but I'm all puffed and warm in my down coat. What I cannot figure out, is how the pricing goes at the thrift store. For example, my lovely, stylish, warmily down coat cost $2, while the other two items were $5 each - must be the nike label?

AS A PERFUME

As a perfume doth remain

In the folds where it hath lain,

So the thought of you, remaining

Deeply folded in my brain,

Will not leave me: all things leave me:

You remain.

Other thoughts may come and go,

Other moments I may know

That shall waft me, in their going,

As a breath blown to and fro,

Fragrant memories: fragrant memories

Come and go.

Only thoughts of you remain

In my heart where they have lain,

Perfumed thoughts of you, remaining,

A hid sweetness, in my brain.

Other leave me: all things leave me:

You remain.

Arthur Symons

Now I have to be fair - I again, in my romantic happiness have forgotten someone again. Are you, Beloved, someone who is dreading Valentines? It had not occured to me - I walk around in this haze of marital happiness, forgetting there are people out in blogland who will actually find Valentines a difficult time. I am so glad I became aware of this through a great article which I will share the link for.

"When I went through my divorce, Valentine's Day was one of the most dreaded times of the year. I hated it. The endless scenarios of people in love, frolicking on sun baked beaches, or in some other romantic setting, confirmed to me that I was an ugly failure. It wasn't the truth but at the time I felt like a rejected loser who couldn't keep a husband.


The engagement ring commercials were the worst. Lovers destined to a life of bliss, pledging eternal love. And the two carat emerald-cut diamond would somehow make it all delightfully perfect. My cynical tongue would hiss, "Yeah, someone made that vow to me once too. Don't believe it!"


After several years of divorce recovery ministry and time spent with the Lord instead of listening to the media, I have discovered better ways for single people to cope with the apprehension of the looming February date.


I'm not talking about an unrealistic "just don't think about it" mentality pretending the day doesn't evoke nostalgia or a longing to have someone special. We were created for companionship, this does not astonish or offend God. "

ENTIRE ARTICLE BY LAURA PETHERBRIDGE

So if you know someone who does not have a 'Valentine' - how bout you be their valentine - you must know someone who is alone who you could bring some love into their lives and show them that your own overspilling of love includes them this Valentines! eg: a single mom - a nice piece of flattering lingerie or a widower man - a nice home cooked meal!

NOTHING BEATS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT EXCEPT LOVE WITH INSIGHT.

Proverbs 4:7 TLB

Determination to be wise is the first step toward becoming wise! And with your wisdom, develop common sense and good judgement.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #195

Valentine Flower Clipart

Here's a nice site which has scoured the internet to bring you many, many Valentine flower Cliparts for you to use for your projects!

VALENTINE FLOWER CLIPART

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the cute broken heart!
    Hope you're feeling better soon ~ almost everyone I know is sick with something right now - yuck!

    I love thrift store & garage sale shopping always on the lookout!

    Hugs
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the broken heart. Thank you. Also want to thank you for the flower clip art. PSharp

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny - I was just thinking last night that I needed a broken heart to do a certain kind of layout -- thanks!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Barb! You'll be up and around before you know it! My girls are over their colds and I think I'm out of woods without getting ill myself (knock on wood). Thank you for the flower clipart I have searched high and low for valentine clipart and after completeing my cards and printing them you came along with a wonderful website! I'll be re-doing my cards now! LOL! I'll just save these others for next year. I was watching Martha Stewart and she has a recipe for ginger tea you may be interested in, it's to help out with colds and sore throats I'll see if I can find the recipe on her site and pass it along. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness give a girl a chance to comment before you go adding more. I loved yesterday's doodles. My sister made that hat and scarf so she'd be the oen I'd ask but Emma has laid claim to mine- so I'd be getting the new one not her. LOL! I'm glad to hear that you are willing to take meds when sick. Emma's last cold we went thru 4 kinds before we found one that worked. I hope you are doing much better now.
    Hugs,
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the broken heart. Did you think you would ever hear anyone thank you for one of those?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts