Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SPRING IS COMING blossom element

Well, winter keeps trying to prevent spring from formally arriving (We awoke to several inches of snow!) I decided to bring a little spring to you all! I hope you enjoy the blossoms.

In case I forget (sometimes I DO forget as you know after reading yesterday's blog) Josey, you asked me what paper I print my digital paintings on. Well, I actually print to two mediums – fine art paper – its called summerset velvet, or to canvas – which is what the kitty and farm animals was printed on. We have a large format printer which allows us to do this – thank goodness. Sometimes I will even get a painting to a certain stage, have it printed to canvas, then go back into it with 'real' acrylic paints. It all depends on the painting and how it feels to me. Thanks for asking.

I have to giggle – a few of you commented about the breakfast doodles – and you all got me thinking the same way... and we had a big omelette for supper! Yes, expect a lunch and supper set sometime too!


All these cool Alpaca Photos are courtesy of our friends Roger and Marie!

Thinking spring, I will share this spring-like poem of hope with you:


THY HIDDEN ONES


Thick green leaves from the soft brown earth,
Happy springtime hat called them forth,
First faint promise of summer bloom
Breathes from the fragrant, sweet perfume,
Under the leaves.


Lift them! What marvelous beauty lies
Hidden beneath, from our thoughtless eyes!
Mayflowers, rosy or purest white,
Lift their cups to the sudden light,
Under the leaves.


Are there no lives whose holy deeds -
Seen by no eye save His who reads
Motive and action - in silence grow
Into rare beauty, and bud and blow
Under the leaves?


Fair white flowers of faith and trust,
Springing from spirits bruised and crushed;
Blossoms of love, rose-tinted and bright,
Touched and painted with Heaven's own light
Under the leaves.


Full fresh clusters of duty borne,
Fairest of ll in that shadow grown;
Wondrous the fragrance that sweet and rare
Comes from under the flower-cups hidden there
Under the leaves.


Though unseen by our vision dim,
Bud and blossom are known to him;
Wait we content for his heavenly ray -
We wait till our Master Himself one day
Lifteth the leaves.


Author Unknown


LUKE 14:23


God calls many of his most valued workers from the unknown multitude.



And here's a little springtime humour to get us forward – thinking!


What's Irish and comes out in the spring?
Paddy O'Furniture!



BARB'S HANDY TIP #211
Start Thinkin' Springtime!


Here's two sites which will help you start creating your OWN springtime!
Even though this link is for a 2004 issue ... it's all to do with some great Kids spring ideas – c'mon, you can be a BIG kid..


MARTHA STEWART KIDS, 2004


This section of the Family Fun is chock packed with all sorts of recipes and ideas to make spring arrive early in your house!


FAMILY FUN CELEBRATE SPRING

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blossom goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the lovely Cherry Blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm glad you're in the mood for spring too. It's actually starting here. It's warming up and were getting our spring showers. A few of the bulbs are peeping out of the ground. I stopped by yesterday and read but a certain little miss interrupted me before I got to commenting. I loved the breakfast doodles, I just wondered where my big stack of fluffy pancakes were? Emma and I eat pancakes for one meal or another about once a week. I usually throw sliced strawberries or peaches in so she'll eat them all. (I'm so tricky) Emma upon spying your doodles immeadiately shouted, "Spooooon and pork!" yes she's learning her words by leaps and bounds. Thanks again for the doodles!
    Hugs,
    -Amy
    P.S. Is that whole wheat toast or do you just like yours burnt? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of spring ..the blossoms are awesome..love those Alpaca ..when I am there you will have to take me if we can ..love to see them for real

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a pretty cherry blossom!! Thank you for yesterday's breakfast doodles!! Loved them!! Things here are good! Busy! Hope all is well with you. Will catch up with you soon! ((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The alpacas are beautiful. I love their goofy grins! Bet you were thinking of them lots in the PERU show lastnight. Only fuelled my passions that I want to travel to there even more. Fascinating country!

    Hope to meet you for a walk tomorrow. Will email you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh! If those blossoms were only real! I can hardly wait for spring. Thanks for the dl.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts