Monday, February 19, 2007

LOVE STAMPS ELEMENT

These stamps look better when you apply your own drop shadows and bevel/emobssing... I leave them without so you can choose your own styles. If you are an unexperienced scrapbooker and need a version with those features you can always let me know.

I'm having to re-install all my programs back onto my laptop this morning, on the side, while using Miles computer to blog. Yes, my computer had to be cleaned and reformatted again... let's not go there, ok? Suffice to say thanks to God for a patient, gentle, kind and understanding husband who, even though he has a bazillion things on his own plate, still took the time to help me.

I had intended on updating first thing yesterday morning, but knew that was not going to happen after a good struggle... and then it was time to go to Church. I was craving to arrive in time for pre-service prayer, you know? I was on nursery duty and wanted at least some time to rub elbows with some adult company. I thought about updating my blog later on, on Miles computer but then decided to take the rest of the day 'down'. It was good... I got some things accomplished.

The biggest thing I did was to sweep the driveway and sidewalk and part of the road. The gravel was an inch deep, on the edge of the road! Yes, the town sends out a road sweeper later on, but I could'nt stop once I had the broom in hand!


LAYOUT BY AMY W.

head on over to Amy's to find today's FREEBIE links...

Christmas eve when Emma and Amy made cookies and such for the firehouse. We need to do that again soon. - yes, Amy - bet right about NOW the firemen would LOVE to recieve cookies... if you use a ziplock bag and squeeze the dough out you could concievable make 'hose' cookies...

Credits:

Kit- Grungy Scribbles by Manu-Scraps (The Daily Scrap)

Doodles- Tea Doodles by Barb Derksen

Alpha- Seebee's Freebies Grunge Edge

AlphaTab and Ribbons- DigiScrap Tabs and Wraps by Christina Renee

Fonts- 28 Days Later, Blackjack, Penstitch and Poornut


All of today's photos come from the generous people over at Stock Xchang. I'm choosing today's theme to be JOY. Its so easy to get mired in the every day tedium. I think particularly, after Valentines, and before Easter we find ourselves at an emotionally barren place - unless we consciously build some Joy into our lives. Whether its something I do knowingly or not, I can slide into a place of almost dispair. So, as soon as I realize I'm in this place, I can begin to address it.

Perhaps part of it is like my driveway. I can wait for the road sweeper to come along, or I can take control and beautify my own little space. Even though the world might not celebrate a specific event at this time, I can always make my own one. Its a terrific opportunity to create a tradition in our own family. Perhaps I will surprise Miles with a new holiday all of our own. Do you have any suggestions?

Another way I'm going to take control of putting the JOY back in my life is to get closer to God's word. I can usually take it as a given that if I'm not feeling the Joy, I'm more involved in pleasing self than I am in God. It's time to feed my spiritual side - it's a craving that can only be filled with answers from time spent in prayer.



Peter 1:8


Though you have not seen him, you love him;

and even though you do not see him now,

you believe in him and are filled with

an inexpressible and glorious JOY.



If we could see beyond today

As God can see;

If all of the clouds should roll away,

The shadows flee;

O'er present griefs we would not fret.

Each sorrow we would soon forget,

For many JOYS are waiting yet

For you and me.

If we could know beyond today

As God doth know,

Why dearest treasures pass away

And tears must flow;

And why the darkness leads to light,

Why dreary paths will soon grow bright;

Some day life's wrongs will be made right,

Faith tells us so.

If we could see, if we could know,

We often say,

But God in love a veil doth throw

Across our way;

We cannot see what lies before,

And so we cling to Him the more,

He leads us till this life is o'er;

Trust and obey.



Romans 5:1-1


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverence; perseverence, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


Okay, my blogging you joy is bringing my joy back. LOL!

Here's a totally unrelated bit of trivia for you to chew on for the day, taken from a popular science magazine:

Want more time? You got it. Clocks spring forward three weeks early (on March 11) and fall back a week late this year. Although the extra month of Daylight Savings Time, a shift mandated by the Energy Policy Act of 2005, should save the equivalent of 100,000 barrels of oil a day, it may also trigger glitches in consumer gadgets and computer networks.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #205

Cool Trivia Site

This site should fill your trivia palate! Fact of the Day, Quote of the Day and Word of the Day are just a few of the features you will find at this informative site:

COOL QUIZ TRIVIA

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for these great stamps!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! The Stamps look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are having troubles with the computer.By the time Miles helps you get it fixed..it ought to run like new.:) If it wasn't for my dh..I would probably have put mine to the curb a long time ago.:)
    Hope you are pleased with the results.I really need to clean mine out too..there is way too much going on in there.LOL But I hope I can do it on my time and not according to the computers.LOL

    Have a great time fixing the puter:)
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for the sweet stamps...

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the stamps and I love the flower winking at us ...wish I could of been there to help ...good sweep and fresh air

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps are so much fun! you're just so creative! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are pretty; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank so very much for these wonderful love stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I didn't comment. I suck. Well I too am sorry you're having computer woes but alas that is the way of things. Thank you so much for posting my LO. I love your doodles. I used another one in a LO that I posted today. You are so cool. Lots of love your way!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just dropping by to say HELLO!

    Was thinking about you .. PS : I think I have seen that flower somewhere ?... don't you wish you could just HOP in it and come visit me ? XOXO Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are cool , thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts