Monday, February 05, 2007

'HE LOVES ME' WORD FLOWER ELEMENT (BIG!)


Well I hope I can get back to the land of the living again this week. You know, for a bit, on Saturday, we felt great – I even got all dolled up – yes, the nails, the hair, high heels – and we went out to dinner! We had a terrific meal and some time together but later, at home, my illness returned with a vengeance! It was awful and yesterday was awful too. I'm not complaining, its just the way things are. I was certainly grateful for the opportunity to dress up and spend time in the wonderful company of my handsome husband.


I'm simply overwhelmed by you all – such an outpouring of well wishes and anniversary wishes ... if there's another thing I'm actually grateful for in being ill is being humbled by you – here many of us have only ever connected on line, and yet you take time out to care for me. I've finally found time to organize and 'clean up' after the PJ party. It was sure a lot of fun... I want to do something like this in the future!





I have to tell you about something that really moved me. If you see Demetria in my PJ Party slideshow #2... well, Demetria is African American and she asked me if I could make some appropriate adjustments to my fingers in my PJ Party Pack. I am so grateful to you Demetria for bringing this issue to my mind. I have since adjusted the digits and emailed them off to you. You opened my eyes and reminded me that we are not all white out here! How selfishly our minds can get thinking!

I'm going to post a second slide show here as I've had so many neat things come my way and can't see how I can possibly post them on blogger – it complains after only 5 pictures are uploaded at a time, so this is the very best solution.





Soooo... what did Mr. Miles surprise me with for an anniversary gift? Ahhh.. he knows my love language and he bought me a membership to the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. My membership has all sorts of benefits (which will ultimately be benefitting you too, no?) Some benefits include magazines, discounts on software and loads of tutorials. This gift will keep on giving back to me all year long.

My gift to Miles was a set of 6 pictures. They are all romantically themed paintings which I gathered from a lover's journal I had picked up long ago a the thrift store. The book itself was ruined in some areas, so was not suitable to be used as a journal. I simply took the most beautiful paintings and cut them out and, after backing them with scrapbook paper, laid them into six glass frames. These will grace our bedroom in our new house. I also bought a deck of romantic conversation cards.

I thank the Lord that I have been blessed with my wonderful husband for all these years. Though you may ask we will tell you we've simply stopped counting the years – each one is as precious to us as the last – each one a milestone. We remember when we were teaching marital workshops and how newlyweds told us how discouraging it was when people would ask how long they were married and upon a small number of years, would be told “Oh, your just newly weds, you just wait, the romance will wear off!” Well, it does if you LET it – Miles and I made a choice to never let it, and to never tell how long!

When we read 2 Corinthians 12 we find many qualities of love shining through:

  • Ultimate love pursues the beloved. It is a love of action that perseveres against great odds and never gives up. “I come to you,” Paul writes.

  • Ultimate love is unselfish – undemanding and compassionate. “I will not be a burden to you,” Paul says.

  • Ultimate love values the beloved. “I do not seek what is yours, but you.” Paul reassures.

  • Ultimatel love freely assumes responsibility for the welfare of the beloved. “I am responsible for you,” Paul states.

  • Ultimate love gives to the limit without totalling the cost. “I will gladly spend and be expended for you.” Paul affirms.

  • Ultimate love grows in expression and does not diminish, regardless of the nature of the response. “I will love you the more.” says Paul.

  • Ultimate love is pure in motive and action, unadulterated by self-centered considerations. “I will not take advantage of you,” Paul promises. “I will not exploit you. Everything I do is for your strengthening and building up.”

ROMANCE


I will make brooches and toys for your delight
Of birdsong at morning and starshine at night.
I will make a palace fit for you and me
Of green days in forests and blue days at sea.
I will make my kitchen and you shall keep your room
Where white flows the river and bright blows the broom,
And you shall wash your linen and keep your body white,
In rainfall and morning and dewfall at night
And this shall be for music when no one else is near,
The fine song for music, the rare song to hear!
That only I remember, that only you admire,
Of the broad road that stretches and the roadside fire.


Robert Lewis Stevenson


Miles and I heard a most interesting article on the radio, about a swimmer who intends on swimming the Amazon River. It's fascinating and worth the time to listen. This man will only be 1/3 his body weight by the time he finishes.


BARB'S HANDY TIP #192
Do It Yourself


This website is chock full of information and resources for do-it-yourselfers. Anyone from beginner to well established will find something to challenger here:


DO IT YOURSELF HOME IMPROVEMENT

13 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for this cute flower wordart... How sweet:)
    Sooo glad you are feeling better.I missed you:)
    Glad also that you like my car qp:)My Mom laughed soo hard when I sent it to her.She was on the phone with me and would hardly wait to say goodbye before she had it printed out.LOL
    Have a fantastic day!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I appreciate you for doing those adjustments for me. I hope to use the fingers soon... Maybe I can get the toes too later on if you don't mind.

    I hope that you have gotten better and I hope that you enjoyed your night out on your anniversary!

    Everyone have a blessed day!

    Demetria

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you had few hours of feeling good for your romantic dinner...what an awesome gift from Miles...and I know he loved your gift ...you two get better and feeling great than I can come for a visit ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for your Flower today!
    So glad to hear that you & hubby had a great time but sad that your still sick will keep you in my prayer's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're on the mend friend! Sweet anniversary gifts you two shared.

    I'm a little snuffled up this week too but hope to see you some time, either for a walk or just a visit.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the word art and am so glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Your reminders about love are always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the great flower, it is so cute. So glad you were able to have a night out together and so sorry it came back!! Hope you can just get rest to get over it. BettyJoR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary - and thank your for the flower template!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the cute word art. But most of all, I love reading your blog. It's so cold here in MN one hates to go out and this is like having a visitor! cg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this; thank you! I'm so glad you are feeling better! Hopefully you will be all well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW. This wordart is so gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the beautiful wordart flower.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts