Saturday, February 28, 2015

CASual Fridays 137 and a FREEBIE cutting file

365 Photo of the Day

Feb-28-2015 Barb Derksen

Wow, I can hardly believe I’ve kept up my Photo of the Day for two entire months.  It does cause me to keep my lens in the front of my mind’s eye every day! 

I love buttons.  I have jars of them on display, sorted.  At one time (this will give you a chuckle) I wanted to get a visual of my efforts in doing sit-ups, and I had this (exausting and way cool at the time) idea that every time I’d do 10 sit-ups I’d sew a button on this plain blanket.  Mind you, I was doing several sets of sit-ups a day and eventually the blanket got very very heavy and I got exhausted.  It did look pretty cool though.  I know that blanket is haunting a corner of a closet somewhere. 

“Button your lip” “Cute as a button” “Stay buttoned down” – somehow just saying the word makes me feel warm and secure.

Create

I managed to squeak in another card today – gotta love any challenge that has “casual” in it’s title… I chose to take up the challenge from Casual Friday’s #137 challenge inviting us to:

CFC137: Using spring colors, create a music themed project and keep it Clean And Simple.

So here I go:

 

CFC 137 Barb Derksen

I’m sorry to say I don’t see any identification on the designer paper I chose – but in my mind these bright colors do fit into a “spring” theme.  This sentiment is from My Favorite Things.  Music backdrop to the sentiment is a cut I created using my Silhouette Designer Edition Software and I’d like to share it with YOU!

 

Music-Banner-for-card---Barb-Derksen

DOWNLOAD

3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to include the music part of the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you incorporated the musical aspect of the challenge! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use colour and pattern in a CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts