Friday, February 27, 2015

365 Photo of the Day & Fusion Card

 

Today’s Photo

Feb-27-2015-Chandelier

Whenever I see a chandelier or chandelier type item with crystals dangling I get a picture in my mind of my younger brother (he passed away some time ago)  When he was just a little feller he would pull one of those little red wagons around the streets of the small town we lived in.  Everyone knew him, and generally he was headed from our house up to our Grandma’s house with his wagon, and rarely did he return home with it empty.  Most likely he had a ball of dough or some small trinket from Grandma. 

While he walked along he sort of swayed to his own music, which he hummed out loud.  He was way ahead of the times, didn’t need an ipod, just sang himself whatever he knew!  One song he liked to sing and hum to was Charlie Pride’s “The Crystal Chandelier”

Fusion (Bowties and Other Things)

Today’s challenge gave us several choices to go with -


This week you are welcome to be inspired by:

-The Sketch

-The Bowties

-The Colours

-The Patterns in the Bow Ties

-The Woodgrain Bakcground

-A group of other items (not just bowties)

-And so on!

 

I chose the bowtie as I have had some sitting here longing to be used for some time now. Here’s my card:

 

Fusion---Bowties-1-Barb-Derksen

Fusion---Bowties-2-Barb-Derksen

A simple sentiment by Paper Smooches, the sweet bow and lace picked up from a Dollar Store, and embossing thanks to a Darice folder.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, Barbara! Thanks for joining us at Fusion. I love your photo, too! And a beautiful story of your brother. I have a child who sways to her own music. She's 7 and she has been singing non-stop since she was a baby - she sings her own story, like "I'm going to brush my teeth, and they're going to shine...", so it's a never-ending song, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, love your double bow and the pretty embossed background, Barbara. Thanks for playing along at the FUSION card challenge and hope to see you again :-). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love the card ...awesome ...wow girl look at you go ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..Barb...Thanks for sharing your story of your little brother and his wagon of Grandma gifts.I can just hear him as he sings and pulls his wagon to and from Grandmas house. <3

    I LOVE your card. AWESOME choices my friend! :)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun little ribbon bow ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love all the texture here! This has a vintage feel with the lace and embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts