Saturday, April 22, 2006

A YARD SALING SATURDAY



Poor, Ever Patient Uncle Miles!

GLITTER HEART ELEMENT


download



My sweet husband surprised me this morning by taking me out to yard - sales. Miles and I have read the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. He advises us that we all have different ways we interpret love and if we tune into which of the five (and there may be mixtures of some) then we can better love and serve our spouses. the five languages are the following:



1. Words of Affirmation
2. Receiving Gifts
3. Quality Time
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch



See, Miles knows that one of my Love Languages is very much #4, acts of service...so, though he has pressing deadlines and pressures today, he woke me and sacrificed his time to take me 'out on the town' - to do what I love best. I would highly recommend this book to you...it makes perfect sense.



I accomplished so much yesterday! I cleaned out three more kitchen cupboard and our office (sans closet), baked a delectable dinner of Thai Chicken Breasts, Peanut Butter Cookies and created a scrapbook layout. It was a very satisfying feeling at the end of the day.



I hope your Saturday is a day you will appeal to your beloved's Love Language!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the glitter-heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find any great 'finds' at the sales? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a perfect day ...can't see the heart..but I am sure it is great ....hugs
    judgirl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts