Friday, January 30, 2009


credits:
Kristin Cronin-Barrow's - Gone Camping Kit

This is a layout of my Sister Nina's one-eyed cat Vogue on a recent camping trip. Think she'll catch a fish? Perhaps she's gone away to avoid the earthquake that happened at home (just a tiny one) or maybe even she's embarrassed of Nina's sharing all her most intimate details that have been shared on my sister's blog. At any rate, here's Vogue where a cat is most happy, out of doors!

Nina had shared a photo of her cat in this little camouflage tent and I could not resist to make it into a layout.

Make sure you're ready to have a laugh if you visit Nina's blog as she reveals all Vogue's (funny name, right?) personal info! Nina, you have a gift to journal too, it appears! You have me entralled.

I made another layout for my friend Betty too, of her daughter, but forgot to ask permission to publish. Is it OK, Betty? If so, look for it coming next post!



First Skate!

It DID happen.

Ok, I can forgive all the miserable weather we've been having for at least now its COLD enough that the lake has frozen into a fun state of skate-able-ness. Oh, there are still swirlie patches of snow about, but I am able to navigate around the worst of them to be able to go along the shoreline. I was so HOPING this time would come - and its generally a brief few weeks window in the year.

My first skate was on Monday - it was sunny and I took my camera along. These are some of the photos I took in the magical frozen land of ice:








I'm thinking of someone today - someone who is hurting and perhaps lonely, afraid or angry. Someone who feels like there's NO hope. There is, my friend.

One who is there to intercede,
One who helps you in your need;
One who has a soothing power,
Calming you in your darkest hour.
One who shares your grief and pain,
And when rebuffed, comes back again;
One who knows your every mood,
Does not condemn, does not intrude.
One who shares your happiness
As well as sorrow and distress.
One who's with you to the end.
Won't you let Him be your friend?


I've been working out ever since the 'holidays' passed - a promise to get whipped into shape for my husband in time for our anniversary, coming up soon. I'm averaging anywhere from 60 - 90 mins of aroebic exersize a day, 5 days a week, and beginning to see results. Oh, I'm still a long ways from where I'd like to be, but its coming.

Some days are easier than others, but I'm always glad I put in the effort. I was talking about exersize with a friend the other day, and we were talking about the effort it takes, the dedication and the time factor. It occured to me that a perception people sometimes have is that it is EASIER for people who work out regularly than for beginners. Well, thats not entirely true, at least for me.

What IS true, is that once you've established a routine and wrassled your mind over body to accept that you ARE going to work out, like it or not, for a certain portion of your days - then you waste less time fighting with yourself, and it helps to just KNOW its part of your day. And then too, as you get STRONGER, and you realize you CAN do it, then you are simply more ABLE. You're not spending time just trying to convince yourself to go ahead.

But, there are NO shortcuts to a workout. They never not 'hurt' - if you are doing it correctly. If you don't sweat or push yourself or feel some sort of pull on your body then you are not truly getting a benefit to your system. Actually there's a reward in 'feeling it' - if there were not, then every single person would be walking around fit as a fiddle! Seems that most good things in life take a dedication and a working towards. Its the gift you recieve for being obedient and caring for this amazing human body God blessed us with!

Not only this, it allows you to be more energetic - to enjoy life, a longer life to be with those we love!

On my worst days - days when I have to talk myself into it - I realize there are people who CANNOT work out, that are physically unable to walk, run, work out. That in itself is a reason I should work out this body to be its best.

That, and the fact that my husband wants to take me to some place with a hot tub and wear a swimsuit for our anniversary. *wink*

And lastly I'll mention something about the time factor - its a huge chunk of valuable time out of already packed days - well, I put it to good use. I DO enjoy a bit of reading while I work out (using and elliptical trainer mostly) but I've put aside a portion of this time to read my bible and Praise the Lord. If you were outside my house during this time you might here me cry out and sing at the top of my lungs. Best I'm at home for I'd probably scare them all away at the gym!






Sweet Birthday Wishes Add On
Personal Use Only

download



12 comments:

  1. Hiya Barbs!!!

    Nina's blog is so much fun to read!!! Thanks for pointing the way!

    Haven't been out skating yet. The Grand River doesn't freeze cleanly for that. Currents are too strong so the ice is all willy nilly. The photos you took of the ice are GORGEOUS however...very magical!!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Mwah!
    xoxox
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina's cat is so cute...and shared her with us beautiful ...your sis can write like you ...you both are very talented ladies. Love the camp out. Wow skating and beautiful pictures what a way to spend the day. Yes losing weight ...wish I was half way where you are in the excersizng dept. One day maybe. Yes the Lord is always there when we allow Him to be. Thanks SIL for all your encouraging words.

    Hugs & Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Barb:)
    I haven't been on the puter much today...so haven't seen you had posted again.
    I LOVE your layout with Nina's cat.How cute!:)
    YAY!!it's skating time again!You got some wonderful pics of the ice too!How's your bum?LOL
    Exercise..let's see.Jim finally brought my stationary bike up from the garage so I can start riding it again.I had to move it down there so my Christmas tree would fit in it's place.Yes..I rode it for a little while today.LOL I had to take it easy so my back won't mess up and I end up flat on MY butt..from my back going completely out.LOL
    P.S.I would love to be outside your window listening to you praise the Lord while you work out..but it would be more fun to be in that room with you doing the same!!:)
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! that's about all I've got. Neat pocket though.
    Hugs to all!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Barb!!!!!!!!!!
    AWESOME photos & LO!!!!!!!!!! TYFST
    I finally updated my blog!!!! LOL
    TY so very much for this MAGNIFICENT kit & addon!!!!!!!!
    HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This jeans pocket is awesome. Thank you so much and leaving you some love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness - what dedication to your exercise - I am very impressed.

    Amazing icy photos - you always photograph such interesting shapes and patterns with your artistic eye!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much...the pocket is perfect for so many creative pages. Thanks for sharing the magnificient photos...stunning!

    Here’s to more happy scrapping, and
    Hugs from the heart,
    Jeanette

    Come Scrap your blog with me…
    Easy Custom Blogs

    .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pocket! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Barb!
    I missed you! I was away greeting my daughter, who´s back from her visit to Canada. She brought me lots of goodies.
    And yes, you may publish the design of my other daughter. I love it!
    Thank you also for the poem. It was needed! My emotions are pretty much in turmoil these days....
    Hope you´re having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a CUTE layout with little "Vogue". And the frozen ice photos are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heyho! can't believe you went skating along your lake .. but glad you did just look at those ice bubbles, Wow great pics. did you fall on your bum? I know I would ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts