Monday, May 01, 2006

MID WEEK YARDSALE AND STARTING A PROJECT

BLUE FLOWER ELEMENT
I'm really impressed with my friend Valerie - she's slugging away with the 'not going shopping for the week' challenge, and I will share more of her 'stuff' tomorrow. Anyone else 'making do'? I created a dessert last night that was tasty and delicious. Its sort of a slice, with fresh fruit and creamy layers. Here is the recipe:

BARB'S FRESH FRUIT SLICE

1 1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup firm butter

1/4 cup white sugar

Squish together (go ahead, its fun) these ingredients until its like meal, and then press it into a 9 x 13 inch glass pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

1/2 cup jam (I used some guava jam given to us by our neighbors, Argentinian)

Spread this over the crust. Let both cool.

Slice 1/4 of a fresh pineapple into small chunks

Peel and slice a fresh mango into small chunks

Slice 1 cup fresh strawberries.

Layer on top of crust and jam layer

Then:

1 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiffness

1 lb of cream cheese, beaten to softness

1 cup plain yogurt

1/2 package green jelly powder

Fold these ingredients together together and spread over the other layers.

Voila!

Serve with fresh sliced banana on top - (they won't be brown this way!)

I'm going to start adding some handy hints to my blog - things I have either discovered on my own, or borrowed from others, ideas that make my life easier. Hint #1 is: If you open a box of cereal, and if you can spare the room, store it in the fridge - it stays fresh forever!

I would love to hear any hints you might share with me!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blue flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the blue flower....and the yummy dessert.....judgirl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts