Thursday, May 18, 2006

CHAIN TODAY - CHARMS TOMORROW!


SILVER CHAIN
A plain silver chain today - and something very special tomorrow, to hang on this chain (hint: still working with my rainbow theme!) Chains have this meaning for me - they remind me that a price was paid that I might enjoy the freedom I have - this freedom even to share with you!
PSALM 116:16
O LORD, truly I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant ;
you have freed me from my chains.
If you are new to my blog you will see the links to my elements only last a week before they expire. If you find an expired element you missed, please leave me a comment with your email and I will try my best to get it to you!
It's Thursday which is the day I volunteer and help Miles work with the the gifted/homeschool extra curricular students in the district. It's wonderful to see what the kids accomplish. Their minds are so creative and they are completly unafraid to try 'stuff' on the computers. It has taken me a few years to be unafraid to try 'stuff'... but its through the experimention that I have grown in many areas. It has been a blessing to be around these young minds! We mostly work with FREE software, so if you're a homeschooling Mom and would like to know what we're teaching and how you can get it for your children, leave me a comment with your email and I will get in touch with you.
I have been added onto the Christian Women Online's blog ring, and have added one member to my links as well - hello Camy! Please take a moment to visit the sites! I will be submitting a scrapbook layout for CWO as well and will let you know when this happens. Its all very exciting to me really.
BARB'S TIP # 10
mentor!
This is sort of a selfish tip.
The Lord placed in my heart a long time ago, the desire to mentor to a younger woman. This scripture spoke LOUDLY to me:
TITUS 2:4
3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live,
not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine,
but to teach what is good.
4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
5to be self-controlled and pure,
to be busy at home,
to be kind,
and to be subject to their husbands,
so that no one will malign the word of God.
I prayed for over a year that a young woman from our church would desire to spend time with me. I invited several, many times, but nothing came to fruit. Then, one day, about 6 months ago, I invited Janice, our Youth Pastor's wife to come spend time with me on Tuesdays and she accepted. It turns out this is a double blessing as she lives out of town on a ranch and was basically having to kill some time on Tuesdays! She has two beautiful sons, one who attends pre-school and one just being a full time 2 year old (lol!)
Janice has been such a blessing to me. At first I was afraid she would find me boring, but our freindship has been anything but. We've spent time together and I've been able to teach her to scrapbook and share wisdom I've gathered over my years as a wife and mom. She, in turn has taught me things too, and I am so grateful. Jan's mom does not live here, but I've met her and I'm so glad I can 'stand in' for her.
Won't you look around and see if you know a young lady or mom who could benefit from your wisdom and experience? Trust me, you will grow in ways you cannot imagine too. I believe a real danger in our times is to become seperated into age groups, living in our own comfort zones. Trust God and step out to share with someone younger - today?

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 18, 2006

    Thanks so much for all the goodies lately. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Miles! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and I will make sure to bookmark it so that I can frequent it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts