Saturday, May 02, 2015

Retro Sketches Card using KimB’s Simple Pleasures Digital Kit

Wow, SO happy to be here on National Scrapbooking Day!  I am doing a major overhaul of my bedroom closet today (my big fat GOAL for the day) but in between lingerie and socks I’m taking breaks to be creative. 

Today I fell in love with the Retro Sketches challenge #163 and so am combining it with KimB’s Simple Pleasures Kit from The Digital Press.  The best of both worlds!  I love that digital scrapbooking kits contain lots of “digital stamps” (or “word art”)  I love my real rubber and acryclics, but sometimes a digi is the ticket.  Even better, I love to do combinations.

 

Simple-Pleasures-Card-1--1-Barb-Derksen

I used some extra bits I’d had printed when I made my Hybrid Seaside Frame using Kim’s kit last week and I’d sized all the bits to fit onto a small canvas (thinking of my 5.5 x 4.25 cards).  When I saw today’s Retro Sketches theme I jumped to make this card.

Simple-Pleasures-Card-1--3-Barb-Derksen

 

Don’t you love how crisp the digital stamp prints out?

This is the inside:

Simple-Pleasures-Card-1--4-Barb-Derksen

 

I used a small rivet in the corner of the tag and tied crochet cotton through it.  Honestly, crochet cotton is the easiest thing I’ve ever used to tie nice and tidy bows and I keep my eye out at the thrift stores.  Also, if you know someone who crochets, just ask for a snippet or two, it doesn’t take much to make tiny bows.  Much better than embroidery thread.

I sparkled the seashell up with some shimmer embossing powder and added a small Recollections gem to mimic a pearl. 

I hope y’all get some time to play on this National Scrapbook Day!

365 Photo of the Day:

May 2 Morels

Mmmmm MORELS! 

Its that time of the year again – had my first feed yesterday.  Sautee’d lightly in real butter – ah, paradise for my tastebuds I say!

1 comment:

  1. love your card ...way to go combining the two digital and card making . Hmmm looking good with the mushrooms

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts