Monday, May 25, 2015

365 Photo of the Day

May-25---Abby-tracks

When I was a kid our family lived near train tracks.  Our little brother used to get so excited when he’d hear the train and begged to be dragged to any spot where he could see it till it passed.  In those days we used to walk all along the track, even over tressles, with nary a thought of danger in our minds.  Perhaps these days we would have been considered children of Free Range parents, but I’m so glad we had that freedom.  It was a much simpler time. 

One of the things we enjoyed doing was placing pennies and nails on the rails and seeing what was there after the train passed.  I’m sure that was not a particularly good thing for the trains. 

Do YOU live near tracks?  Have a childhood train memory you’d like to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts