Monday, April 30, 2007

JUDY BLUE GLASS

Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Only two things stand like stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.

- Australian poem


FRIENDSHIP IS GOD'S SPECIAL WAY OF LOVING US THROUGH SOMEONE ELSE.


"A friend loves at all times"
Proverbs 17:17 NASB


OBELISK PATIO FURNITURE

Really - these are not rockets or space ships... this is patio furniture from Ginger Jar Interiors. These 'towers' come apart into comfortable patio furniture. I can't see it going with the look of our home, however I bet kids would fight to be able to be the ones to dissemble it when you get company :D You can find out more about this unique furniture HERE

I also ran across some pretty high end, amazing looking, designer, custom computers ... really, you probably can't afford these but you can always look, right? While most computer companies are creating icreasingly high-tech casings, Ontario based Suissa Computers are turning the utilitarian PC into something altogether another level up! The company will encase a high end computer inside specialty wood casings - and Howard Suissa will personally travel to your huse to install your computer! Check out for your self by clicking HERE

DIANE from Summerland

(Oh Dear! You had a pretty name...) from Kamloops

AT OUR LOCAL NK'MIP CULTURAL CENTER TRAILS

The antelope brush are in bloom - a very, very pretty and fragrant time of the year here in our little pocket desert. Miles and I spent the afternoon snapping up the yummy scenery with our cameras. If you come to our area, this is the BEST time to see the desert! (It was so nice to meet you ladies!) Don't hesitate to email me at lalalime@hotmail.com


MILES INSIDE AN INDIAN STRUCTURE

The Cultural Center and its other amenities on the east side of Osoyoos Lake, is impressive. They've done a terrific job in creating a jewel for our tourism. There are many trails to enjoy and the Center itself features interactive kiosks, a well made, entertaining movie and nice gift shop.


SILHOUETTE

Now the weather is warming up and you may be entertaining guests with chilled beverages, I must share a tip I saw in a recent magazine with you. If you're planning on serving iced coffee drinks then mix up some 'coffee icecubes' Just freeze coffe in ice cube trays or plastic egg cartons. You can use either coffee or milk for your cubes!

Today in History:

1789 - George Washington inaugurated as 1st president of the US

1798 - Department of the Navy established.

1803 - US more than doubles its size thru the Louisiana Purchase.

1857 - founding of what would be San Jose State University.

1939 - NBC makes 1st US demo of TV at opening of NY World's Fair.

Birthday to Note:

1777 - Carl Friedrich Gauss, one of the greatest mathematician of all time.

BARB'S HANDY TIP #249

Don't Miss Prairie Home Companion!

We decided not to take tv when we moved - that's right, no tv. No shows. None. People think us strange when we simply can't relate, however I'm not regretting it at all. There are not enough hours in the day as it is! Without tv, the radio has become a good friend, and we've always enjoyed the Prairie Home Companion. I have NO desire to see the movie... I don't want to know what everyone looks like... is this odd? I want to just know the voices of the actors... like old time radio, I love using my imagination. I would compare it to reading a great book, then you watch the movie and they've assigned actors to the roles, which rob you of the way you saw them in your mind...

At any rate, if you like Prairie Home Companion but missed some, or would like to listen... you can listen to full or partial episodes at their site! My link points to the archive so you can pick which one you like, but do explore the entire site!

Prairie Home Companion


14 comments:

  1. Good Morning Barb:)
    Thank you so much for todays part of your wonderful kit.:)
    I won't be doing much blogging today.I need to get food into the house.LOL
    I want to thank you for being such a fantastic friend to me.Coming to see me and making my day such a pleasant one.:)

    Enjoy your day!!
    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Judy Blue pieces. I couldn't resist the blue glass as I have a collection of it myself. All of the pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blue glass, thank you! Your blog is soo interesting every day, thank you for that :) have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the glass part of the kit. The glass beads look really awesome!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. No T.V. ... good for you! All my single years (until I was 50) I never had a TV. My husband had a rental TV in his condo but we got rid of that. There is no TIME for TV ... life is far too interesting for that! We get the odd DVD out but rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Blue glass TY so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow did I have a lot of blue ....nice to see and to see it shared with all ....love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful glass!

    I connected with your comment about pinecones in an earlier post. We have 20 acres of pine trees! And just picking up the pinecones within the general area around the house usually nets me about 40 wheelbarrows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blue glass! Thank you so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a beautiful day for photos & exploring at Nk mip yesterday. I'm hoping to head to Hayne's after work today if I have time! A bit of hazy clouds would make it perfect for some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blue glass today...thank you! Sounds like you are enjoying your new home. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there sweetness!
    I love all the weird adn unique things you find around the web. Lovely photos and great tips today. This current kit is very bold and vibrant, I'm loving it. TFS!
    Many hugs and happy thoughts,
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue glass is beautiful. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts