Friday, April 27, 2007

JUDY BLUE PAPER PACK

(it's BIG!)


A while back - actually a year or two ago, Miles and I created a scrapbooking kit using all our Sister In Law Judy's collection of blue things... You will enjoy the plethora of blues in all sorts of textures, from wicker to wallpaper. There are many more add-ons coming in the next days!

Just a quick entry today as we were in town for 12 hours yesterday and I am eager to get outside in the fresh air this morning. I spent the day digitally painting with a student at the Learning Center, and later on assisting with our second Picasa Phototgrapy Course. It was a lot of fun, as usual - and I know everyone learned a lot. Oh... and also a Pot Luck lunch, which I now need to work off!

I'll try to put a copy of my painting up here tomorrow :D

I've not forgotten that I've been TAGGED twice now... I hope I can set some time aside soon to go out tagging on my own!

Tomorrow is my friend Becky's birthday... and I would like to ask if you POSSIBLY HAVE A MOMENT... it would delight me to see her comments box overfilled with birthday wishes for her.... its her big 3-OH and we all know it's a milestone... perhaps you might pass along some 3-OH wisdom for her? (her blog is a great read, by the way!) You can find Beck's blog HERE



OUR HOUSE IS A HIVE OF ACTIVITY THESE DAYS!

Our friend Marie sent the following funny link our way... its the sort of thing you can watch ONCE, safely, but has the danger of becoming VERY annoying say if you were to play it at your office over and over... check out them Greaser Babies:

GREASER BABIES

Take some time out today to slow down... just a little, ok? I know, especially at the end of the week we get task oriented to clear our 'desks' but surely you can just stop, just for a few moments...


Slow me down, Lord!


Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind.
Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time.
Give me, amid the confusion of the day, the calmness of the everlasting rills.
Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory.


Help me to know the magical, restoring power of sleep.


Teach me the art of taking minute vacations - of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few lines from a good book.


by Orin L. Crain

BEAUTIFUL ORCHARD TREES

Today in History:

1565 - 1st Spanish settlement in Phillipines - Cebu City - founded.

1937 - US Social Security system makes its first benefit payment.

1945 - founding of the Second Republic - in Austria.

Some Historical Birthdays:

1791 - Samuel F. B. Morse

1822 - Ulyssses S. Grant, 18th President (1869-1877)

1896 - Wallace Hume Carothers, invented nylon.

I've located an informative site for you, all about the history of nylons... I actually did not know there was a difference between nylons and 'stockings'... a sampling of the article says:

The first nylon stockings appeared in New York stores on May 15, 1940 and over 780,000 pairs were sold in the first day alone. In the first year, 64 million pairs were sold in the US, and nylons soon became the generic name for all hosiery products containing nylon.

You can read the rest of the article HERE

BARB'S HANDY TIP #246

Working Mom?

I'm sure many of you work, some because you have to, and many of you because you enjoy it and find it rewarding - this site will be very helpful to you!

WORKING MOTHER MAGAZINE

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
    TY so very much!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to leave another comment!

    Your papers are sooooo pretty!

    Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

    Renae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sanks for the birthday wishes. Woohoo for 30 - can't wait to find out what the surprise is from my hubs!

    Love the "slow me down" quote. Very true! Today is my "slow me down" visit with YOU. For after we visit I must clean clean clean to get ready for visitors this weekend.

    See you after work! YAYAYAYAYAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the wonderful papers and hopefully when my so called broadband acts right, i can get them. i soo thoroughly enjoy your entries each day! thank you :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Barb, I'm the first to post today, woohoo...I love the papers and the the colors. I enjoyed checking out the baby greasers...That was so cute. The movie Grease was one of my all time favorites. As usual I love all the stuff you blog about...Take care...

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just wanted to show you a layout i have created with your fantastic swirl-overlay, but unfortunately i couldn't find an email-address and i couldn't find a gallery at DST or something... so i hope you read this comment ;-)

    you find the LO here:

    http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=107522&cat=all&ppuser=4322

    thank's so much for this fantastic freebie! --- Katharina (BeagleSnoopy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These papers are really beautiful. I love your color choices and the designs are just perfect. Thank you for this very nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous papers! Appreciate your generosity so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts