Thursday, April 05, 2007

LITTLE EASTER DUCKS!


Today's entry may well be the last for a short while, folks... today is the move of the large pieces of furniture - and we will be spending time with our family for the holiday. I am praying you all have a safe and meaningful holiday - and I look forward to catching up with you all early next week.

There will be an exodus of vehicles heading from our place in the afternoon - we've got plenty of help from friends and (church) family. What a bittersweet, deligthtful time in our lives. I promise to take loads of pics as I try to stay from underfoot and to bite my tongue from trying to 'direct' the entire affair...

all photos today courtesy of sxc.hu (except the shoes)

I spent a good part of yesterday sewing 'socks' by hand. We've been given an older table and chairs to use for our new kitchen... this will only be temporary as we want to get a cute little new set. In the meantime, these are nothing to look at but they will 'do'... Because we have newly laid linoleum in the kitchen I wanted to make sure the furniture does not scratch... so I sewed, by HAND, twelve little 'socks' for the legs of the table and two chairs. These are designer, baby, as I used an old Hudson Bay Blanket (wool) I'm so proud of myself?




THAT'S HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU

sung by Kathy Troccoli



I died for you

I'd do it all again if I had to

To show you what you really mean to Me

I cried for you

I hung on the cross so you wouldn't have to

I made a way to set your spirit free


CHORUS:

That's how much I love you

That's how much I want you

I gave up my own life that you might live

That's how much I love you

That's how much I want you to see

You are My child and you mean so much to Me


I gave you the stars

The sun, the moon, yes I went that far

So no matter where you go you think of Me

The mountains fair

The beautiful oceans are there

To remind you that I can satisfy your every need




INCHWORM SHOES

Ok, I don't know if you've seen these before... they almost make me want to have small children all over again... someone was so clever to invent these... shoes that GROW with your child's feet?

Built right into INCHworm shoes is the iFit technology. The iFit technology allows you to GROW the size of the shoe with a simple push of the button. So eliminate unnecessary trips to the shoe store and provide your children with better fitting shoes that last up to three sizes longer. Inchworm shoes grow in half size increments. Just push the button on the side, and pull the toe of the shoe to adjust into the next size.

Check them out HERE


Today in History:

  • 1614 - Pocahontas marries John Rolfe.
  • 1941 - Castro and Fillmore streetcars replaced by buses.



BARB'S HANDY TIP #238

Create Newsletters ONLINE!

You can make Astoundingly Creative Newsletters in minutes.
Easy, Fun, Powerful—with no software to download.

LETTERPOP

26 comments:

  1. have a great day moving the furniture and fellowship with those that have come out to help ...what a day ..in to your NEW HOME...sigh..love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Barb:)
    Thank you soo much for the cute ducks.:)
    I am soo excited for you to be moving the big stuff today.I think it is such a cute thing to do with the socks on the furniture.:)
    I had never heard of inch worm shoes before.How cool..wish we had something like that when we were growing up.:)I was lucky to have a pair of shoes..period.:)I can remember going to school as a young teen..with the soles flapping.:)I don't have a shoe fettish though..cause I can only wear tennis shoes.LOL Low flat shoes for church if I don't have to walk very far..but that is still difficult.If I find a pair of sneakers that will fit my tennis shoe brace..I buy two pair.:)Not trying to be sad..just informative.LOL

    Have fun today..it is a good day ..God has opened a door and you are walking through it.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, catching up ;) first off thanks for the adorable freebies for the past few days, I am especially loving today's gorgeous little duckies. good luck with the move and have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing the bunnies and ducks! They are adorable!. Wishing you a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the cute little bunny doodles..they are darling. Happy Easter to you and yours.-sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweet little ducks; thanks! Hope your move goes well and you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the wonderful little ducks. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb hope moving goes really well. I know how much energy it can take out of you.. so drink plenty of water!! thanks for the cute duckie.. also for the link to them shoes.. I MAY NEED THEM with my growing boys. I think thier feet grow faster than thier body's and Well thier tummy's are a close second tho. Anyway.. I wanted to also tell you I used some of your elements again on my layout.. I hope you hop on over to my blog and check them out. :) I think they LOOK FABULOUS!!! :)
    THANKS!
    HUGS
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Barb for the ducks. happy Easter. Good luck with the move and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  11. You keep saying you won't be around and then there you are! LOL Enjoy your holiday with the relatives.
    Big Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little ducks are soooooo sweet! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bunny and duck are just darling tyfs I just had to have these cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you will be missed but i wish you nothing but the best with this move... sounds like you have a terriffic handle on things tho ;)
    thanks soo much again for the links and baby ducks!! just fantastic!!
    have a safe and beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so very much for the cute duckies!!!

    Have a great & safe move and enjoyable Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Barb,Happy Easter to you and your family. I hope all goes smooth with your move...Thank you for the cute freebies...

    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with your move and have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the goodies & photos. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barb - have a wonderful Easter and a great move!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Barb - hope you are having a wonderful Easter! : D

    ReplyDelete
  21. 4-9-07
    Good morning Barb:)
    I hope you had a wonderful Easter.:)
    My day is just not the same without your visits.:( Miss you!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Barb, just had to let you know your are my favourite person :-) I haven't got time to tell you why...but you are!!!! I'll pop back tomorrow to let you know how you helped me.


    Hugs Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  23. I miss all your Bible verses and internet finds! Come back soon!

    I invite you to join in my new Themed Thursdays on my blog. It's easy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 4-14-07
    Good evening Barb.:)

    Been thinking about you.:)


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just dropped by to see how the moving was going. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Barb, Just checking in...Hope your move went smoothly...Take care...Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts