Thursday, June 29, 2006

INVITED TO ANOTHER LITTLE GRADUATION


SEQUIN FUN SET
Well, I certainly started this morning off on the wrong foot. My sweet husband asked me for something and I near bit his head off. That is a bit of an exaggeration - but not too far removed. His request took me by surprise and I did not react gracefully. I think it is due to two factors:
a) I am not a morning person
b) I could not control the situation (it came out of the blue)
I need caffeine to function before a certain time in the morning. Sorry, but my fun-factor rises with my caffeine levels. Am I addicted? Meybe - perhaps this is something I'm going to have to examine.
Thank goodness Miles is so loving and patient. His caring manner is a balm to my prickly pre-morning personality. He's developed techniques such as Lion tamers must use to deal with difficult felines.
His love is what changes me. Used to be a time it was easy for me to stay angry and ugly. When he was firm with me it enabled me to stay in a snit out of indignity, because by then we would BOTH be acting silly. When he began this 'being nice' bit I could no longer stay mad without looking and feeling ridiculous. His love is like a mirror on his personality - I begin to see how stupid I must look and am able to humble and correct myself. His gentle words calm me.
Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.
And rather than dealing out what I DESERVE, he instead leaves it to God to deal with my heart:
Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my friends,
but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written:
"It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"
says the Lord.
How I appreciate the way he is to me. You see, there is a worldly saying out there: "don't tell anyone your troubles, because 1/2 won't care, and the other 1/2 will be glad you have 'em" Thank Goodness my husband has a heart of God and goes beyond what he sees on the surface, to truly care.
I am invited to a very special event today. My young friend James is graduating from his preschool today. I am very excited to be part of this milestone in his childhood. What a week - going from being part of the Learning Centre's Graduation where we had a Granny - Graduate, all the way down to a preschool graduation. By the way, if you would like to view a slideshow of the Learning Centre's graduation just visit this link and clik on the link to the right of the screen.
GET READY !!!
Myself and some designer friends are planning a multi giveaway special treat for Canada Day, July 1st. You won't want to be missing this!
BARB'S TIP # 50
Clean, Professional Brochures
While helping fold programs for the graduation the other night, I discovered a trick to making them look clean and professional. When you fold, run the edge of a metal ruler down the folded crease - it makes it crisp and causes the brochures to lay completly flat - stacking is neat and tidy and takes up way less room.

5 comments:

  1. these sequins are the coolest! Thanks for sharing! they are def. going on my next page... maybe my next feww pages -- every page could stand a few here or there LOL.
    and reading your post today, struck me how your faith/wisdom reminds me of my mom. and she is a special person - so you must be too! --Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 29, 2006

    Great blog you have going here. You lead a busy life like me that's for sure! Love your elements. Thanks for the tip about artrage on my blog, I've bookmarked it to check out when I've got time to play. Looks like fun!
    Amy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 29, 2006

    I can so rely to the way you reacted cuz I am a bit like that too... His request took me by surprise and I did not react gracefully. I think it is due to two factors:
    a) I am not a morning person
    b) I could not control the situation (it came out of the blue). Especially the second one. My Fred is also a good lion tamer. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 29, 2006

    Oh! and love your new banner! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new banner look ..one day you must teach me ....thanks for the sequin fun set ...glad you had fun at the graduation..he is a little cutey.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts