Saturday, June 03, 2006

END OF THE TUNNEL IN SIGHT!

UNICORN ELEMENT
I hope you are all having a good weekend! It has been an extremely intense one for me, meeting a deadline, but its all coming together nicely. I'm helping someone put together a scrapbook which will be uploaded to the UK for publishing with mypublisher.com into a 'real' table top book. It will be a present for her mother who lives in England. I almost feel like a member of the family now that I have cropped, cut, pasted, arranged and enhanced everybody. We hope to upload everything tomorrow afternoon if all goes well. It has been a huge learning curve and a wonderful journey for me. I wish I could be there to see 'Mum' crack it open on her special day...
I've created a unicorn element by request for you... Making it caused me to wonder about unicorns - from what I gather is the unicorn originates from Greek Mythology. I have to be honest that I am unsure how this relates to Christianity. I try to be careful of what I expose myself to - not because I am a prude, but because I desire to fill my mind and spirit with only that which is good and pure and holy. How to be tactful between Christian/Santa Clause, halloween/Christian, Easter Bunny/the cross... I certainly don't desire to offend anyone, but Christ does come first in my life. This is very difficult sometimes when things appear cute and harmless, or purely entertaining. I would be interested to know how you feel about this?
BARB'S HINT # 25
Lovely Linens with Lavender
Its the time of the year when lavender is emerging. Take advantage of this aromatic beauty by tucking sprigs in with your linens. Do you know that lavender is edible as well? Lavender also dries well, to make a lovely dried bouquet which also smells lovely, all year long.

7 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 03, 2006

    I think a little fantasy as long as we recognize it as fantasy doesn't hurt. I like the unicorn. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb ...thanks for the unicorn and the info...love the lavender tip ...have a great weekend

    judgirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the unicorn. As for your question. Did you know the KJV mentions unicorns 9 times? (OT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 04, 2006

    Thank you for the unicorne. Love the feel of it! XXX Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 04, 2006

    Thank you. Very pretty. Leslie F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 04, 2006

    It was pointed out to me that the pretty animal you have created is half pegasus & half unicorn. Unicorn do not have wings & pegasus' don't have horns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lavender! I grow French lavender in my backyard and make lavender water. It's great in a spray bottle to freshen the air in the bathroom, and I also heard it's a mild antibacterial, so I use it to spray down counters, too.

    Camy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts