Saturday, November 22, 2014

Less is More 199 and a little “Catch-up”

I’m happy to have a few hours to craft, and love having an opportunity to plunge into a challenge.  Judy and I teamed up  to try our hand at the theme from Less is More #199 - “Jingle All The Way!”  Here’s what I came up with:

less is more 199  
Supplies: Embossing Folder – Cuttlebug Anna Griffin, Stamp – Studio G

I wanted to make this sparkly bell – I traced it using my Silhouette software from a free coloring file on the internet and I used some double sided carpet tape to adhere a vinyl cut of the bell to, then glittered it all up and then trimmed. It worked. My husband says it looks like a face of sorts.  Hmmm, he could be right on that, what do you think?  I added the bow at the end – he says if I move that up its probably better, may have to try this.  - So, I have but won’t take another pic and of course he’s right. 

*****

I've just come home from a super fun two days visit with my girl! 

me and dot

Melanie and I had an action packed couple of days together, shopping for our matching flashy leggings, hanging out, eating too much and all the delicious sort of wrong food groups, watching movies, coloring my hair and taking my A-DOR-ABLE G’dawg (thats grand-dog) out to the doggy park where she could run around like a little rabbit (she seriously does run like a bunny!)

gdawg

I love my GDawg so much – I spoiled the dickens out of her so much she now wants to be played with ALL DAY LONG!  Muahhahaha! Well, I mean it seems nobody’s producing any actual human grandkids for me so… I get G’Maw rights!

oink

Another fun thing we did is take some warm bedding items and lil gifts to Faith who owns this pot-bellied pig.   It appears that Faith has a right menagerie of critters she’s rescued and collected and a big heart for them too.  How hear- warming to be able to help. 

I can’t believe how much we fit into just a few days, it was truly a special time!

Technorati Tags: ,,

6 comments:

  1. love your jingle ...jingle all the way ...awesome card. Looks like you and Mel had tons of fun and you spoiling the GDawg. It was fun this afternoon . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, twinkly jingle bell!
    I love the font of the sentiment too!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! That glittery bell is STUNNING!
    What a fantastic CAS creation Barbara
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card - your glittery bell is just super. And I'm a HUGE fan of pot bellied pigs so love that pic too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb. I sure love that card you made. It is quite beautiful. Even got a little glittery goodness on it, so, what's not to love about it. You and your daughter are so beautiful and I'm thrilled that you got to have time with her. Thanks for sharing the pics, it really cheered me up! Have a beautiful day! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous jingle bells card, love the sentiment style!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts