Thursday, November 06, 2014

Simon Says - Thinking of You Card Challenge

I’m on a roll!  Looks like my “card making reward system” is working (I reward myself with making a card between mundane household chores)  I am also working my way slooooowly through my email and visiting blogs etc.  If I haven’t said hello yet - be patient!  I hope to be completely caught up by next week.

I’m taking the Simon Says “Thinking of You” challenge today.  It seems the basic rule is to create a card that lets someone know you care about them.  Here’s my take on this theme:

Simon-Says---Thinking-of-You---Barb-Derksen

Supplies: Embossing folder by Darice, Paper - Kraft-Core Shattered by Tim Holz, Stamp - My Favorite Things

I’ll leave you with a sweet poem about true friendship as well for it reminds me of the sentiment I once heard which states “A friend steps in when the world steps out”

YOUR TEARS

I dare not ask your very all:

I only ask a part.

Bring me - when dancers leave the hall -

Your aching heart.

Give other friends your lighted face,

The laughter of the years:

I come to crave a greater grace -

Bring me your tears!

by Edwin Markham

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card ...the sentiment touches your heart ...way to go Barb ...love that cross you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome, I luv the embossing...super!@ hope you have a fabby weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is such a SPECIAL card!!! I love it! I have been enjoying all the cards you are making here lately. It's great to see them all. This one took my heart. hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your card. It's beautiful! What an awesome expression of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Thinking of You Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww..Barb..I know you are praying for me!! As I am for you too! LOVE your card! How SWEET! I think that is probably the most a person is able to comfort someone....to let them know you are praying for them! <3

    Love,
    Valinda P.S. I think I have this embossing folder too...thanks for the inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well laid out card Barb, this is a great blend of colours and papers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts