Sunday, November 09, 2014

Sketch Saturday #335 Challenge Card

So fun to find a few moments in the weekend to create a card.  One more day and I’ll have a full week of cards made and posted.  Feels great. 

I decided to go with the Sketch Saturday #335 Challenge Card with Simon Says Stamp this round. 

Here’s how I interpreted this sketch into my card:

Sketchy-Saturday-335---Barb-Derksen

Supplies: Paper Pad “Chalkboard” by We R Memory Keepers, Stamp by My Favorite Things

I used a lot of layering to build this card up, finishing it up with the large black bow.  Its nice to find a card that suits a large bow.  I did originally have the bow off to the right hand side, but it simply didn’t work there.  I believe I did reflect the essence of this sketch challenge though. 

Life is a series of surprises

and would not be worth taking or keeping

if it were not so.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

We may make our plans, but God has the last word.

Proverbs 16:1

 

3 comments:

  1. Good morning again Barb:)
    I think you did an AWESOME job on your interpretation of the sketch. LOVE your big bow,back ground paper and the HOORAY sentiment. I would say you did a PERFECT job!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love your big beautiful bow. Your DP matches the ribbon so nicely, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I absolutely love those papers, and love the big sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts