Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Always Playing with Paper #18 Card

SO happy to be home sweet home after a month of gallivanting.  There’s nothing like time away to make your fonder of the place you’re planted, if you’re lucky enough to have a spot to always come back to and nest.  Had lovely sister time and visits with relatives and besides the refreshment of new scenery it always enriches and inspires me to travel. 

But now, my season is once again here at home.  And I’m delighted to jump back into my craft room, my happy little place!  I took up my first challenge with this:

Always Playing with Paper # 18

I chose to go with the sketch rather than the colors, and I took the liberty to turn it on it’s side:

APWP-18---Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

MME “In Bloom” Paper Pad, Elizabeth Craft designs embossing folder, My Favorite Things sentiment stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to catching up on all my blog hopping and commenting.

6 comments:

  1. Barbara, so glad your vacation was great!!! Sounds terrific!! I also love the feeling of coming home and settling back unit the comfortable and familiar!!!!
    I love that you flipped the sketch!! Lovely and cheery this is!!! I made two more for this sketch myself that I will post tomorrow!! Yay.. I need to make flat ones for the caring hearts drive.. I will post about that tomorrow too!

    Welcome back, I can't wait to see what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara. I'm happy you are home, but even more happy that you had a great time. It is always good to come home and just say "aahhh". I love your card and the colors you chose for it. I also love the embossing on the card front. That's really pretty. Welcome home! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! Sure missed you! BUNCHES! Missed your replies to my email too.LOL Love that you are back making and sharing your cards again.Feels like we need to have a party!! (((((())))))


    Love and hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Birthday card! Love the embossing and your fab take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I've been away too and you are sooo right! Great to get away, great to get home as well. Your card is very pretty. Love the embossed background! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Barb, I can't believe I have not stopped by to comment before now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts