Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Two more cards–Day 158, 365 Challenge and A Clean and Simple FTL 152

 

Just time to post two more cards, working on some more in between a very busy visit with my sister Nina.  We have been zooming all over the place and soaking up sister time – I can’t begin to process it all until later and it will be good blog-fodder.  We are being truly pampered by my Mr who ferries us hither and tither to all points and even carries anything heavy for us and gives us a ton of sibling-time.  Treasured moments!

FTL #152 from Clean and Simple.  Here is the card idea we were given to work from:

 

And here is my take on it:

Clean-and-Simple-FTL-152-Barb_full

The hearts were stamped with the Stamps of Life “Hearts2Love” stamps and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The grey cardstock shape was cut using my Silhouette SD.

Clean-and-Simple-FTL-152-Barb_close

My final touch being the pearl accents from Forever in Time. 

Day 158 for 365 cards

We were asked to:

“Add at least TWO sweet treats to your card, any way you want.

Patterned paper counts as one of the ways.“

And here is my take on this:

Day-158_Barb-Derksen_full

I created the “candies” by wrapping pretty buttons in transparent paper (recycled from a bouquet I’d received in the past – don’t you hate the waist of tossing that away … they give you so much!)  The Sweet stamp is one from Studio G.

Day-158_Barb-Derksen_close

After I prepped this photo for my blog I realized the foam tape shows at the back of the candies so I actually removed them all and used a super glue to put them back.  Much nicer after this but I did not get a new photo. 

More cards to come soon.  Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

  1. I am SO happy to know that I am not alone in stashing the wrappings from floral bouquets and the like! Those delectable little button candies fooled my eyes! :)

    Barb love, you are a mighty creative force to be reckoned with girlie! Phew! Me head is spinning as I scroll to admire your inspiring works of art.

    LOL! Could not help but notice your new blinkie, "I 'Heart' My Silhouette"! S-W-E-E-T!

    When my mad-dog days of catching up have come to an end, I am going to thoroughly peruse the Silhouette website and I have a good feeling it shall quickly be added to my Christmas Wish List (for 2012 that is as I must save my pennies to head to Bellingham mid-January to await the arrival of my oldest baby's first baby)! He, he ...

    Hope to catch you on G+ soon. I'm hit 'n miss everywhere these days! Must stay focused and stick to my to-do list this month - ugh!

    Thank you for sharing your art with me and I'm wishing you more mojo than your two lovely hands can keep up with! :D

    Love and hugs - XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of the wrapped buttons...what a cool idea and as i always say you are so creative :)

    Great job on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "candies"!! What a clever idea! I have so many buttons and am always looking for new ways to incorporate them.
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts