Monday, August 22, 2011

Two More Cards a Tip and a Free Studio Photo Corners File


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both our daughter Melanie today and also to my DEAR friend JanMary as well.  Mel does not keep up her blog but JanMary has a GORGEOUS blog (with all her tales, photos and fabulous jewelery designs!)  Won't you take a moment to visit her and leave some well wishes?

Still working hard to catch up on the 365 cards and it’s Mojo Monday too.  I’ll post the 365 first:
Day 171 – Vintage Plus Pink


365-Day-171-full

I used my friend KimB’s pretty “Just for Women” kit which is available for free on her blog site – the entire kit is simply gorgeous.  Click on the preview of her kit to be taken to her blog!



Kim is a designer of digital scrapbooking kits, and if you’re a carder who has never worked with digital kits – here’s the good news.  The kits consist of super high quality jpg and png files and you are able to bring these into your Silhouette software and trace the elements and print and cut!  The Silhouette cuts out very nicely! 


365-Day-171-close

Kim has a lovely shop with many MANY kits and she’s also very generous with freebies too.  Please leave her some ♥ if you download! 

I printed the paper out and then cut it.  I printed out the mannequin and the word arts.  I stamped the mannequin with my Versamark Shimmer Stamp and then I heat embossed it with a clear powder. 



Lace-Cut


My tip today is that you may notice I have lace behind the mannequin and I thought I’d share my secret to cutting the lace nice and straight – I run it right through my Fiskars Rotary slicer!   Quick, easy and accurate!


Mojo Monday 205



And my take:


Barb-Derksen-mojo-205_full

I used the last bits of my Moravia sheet of designer paper, thats the brown check and blue design (two sided)  I cut the Brown Suede out using a jaggy blade with my Fiskars.  Love this suede, just pretend you can run your fingers over this – so soft.  I chose these colors and textures hoping this would appeal as a masculine card. 



Barb-Derksen-mojo-205_close

I cut the blue embossed cardstock and then used a Fiskars border punch.  I then punched the holes and pulled the little tan dashed ribbon through.  I cut three cardstocks using my Silhouette SD and then stamped and inked the sentiment.  Last touches, sheer ribbon, frilly brown ribbon and then a bow of a mix of ribbons topped with a glue dot I made myself using my glue gun.  Yep, that’s another tutorial I will share one day too.  I think I’m going to have to start a “Tips” tab – what do you think?



Barb-Derksen-mojo-205_inside

And finally, I decided to squeeze out the last weensy remnant of nice paper so I designed some “photo corners” to decorate the inside of my card. Just dresses it up a bit.  If you have a Silhouette –just click on the graphic of the inside of my card to download the .studio  file for these corners – enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. ohh Barb, I love your Vintage Plus Pink, tis gorgeous. The Mojo is quite fabulous in its own right. Well done big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are gorgeous Aunty Barb! my oh my you sure have taken over this whole card thing.

    Your machine sounds absoluetly amazing...why would anyone what a cricut when it seems that machine you have is just amazing....and that comes from a cricut owner.

    Well a very Happy birthday to Mel and your friend as well.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOAHH- how did I miss my Mrs Miles getting stuck in with the "glue" - lol. I know you love creating cards but uhummm- GO BARB!
    *waving pom poms*
    Holey cow my friend, your cards take my breath away and I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with my kit <3

    I'm sitting at home at the moment having a quiet coffee before I run out of here again-lol
    It's been a crazy week and a bit at home but I'm loving every moment of it! Spending as much time as I can with the family and of course my friends who I miss dearly when up in Harties ;-)I'm also repainting the whole interior of the house...hahahaha
    Will need a holiday when I get back- BWHAHAHAHA.

    Thanks so much for the pimp again my friend and miss you too!
    I need to make time for more blog reads- OY, the time I spend on the PC these days is WAY less than I used too ( which isn't a bad thing- hee hee)
    HUGE HUGS and loves
    me
    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts