Thursday, August 11, 2011

Card a Day’s–159 & 161

 

Here are two more creations I managed to squeak in this week all the while having a fabulous visit with my little sister Nina!  I’ll save all the visit photos etc later on when I can process them.  In the meantime:

 

Day 159 – the requirements were:

Create TWO opposite combinations on your card -- the combos you choose are up to you.

My opposites turned out to be the keys on this card – one is small, one big – one old, one new. 

 

Day-159_Barb-Derksen_full

I must confess I really struggled with this one.  I’d have hid it under bed or something haha, but I am determined to finish up my challenges – besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder and perhaps someone will really love this one. 

The stamp was a Tim Holtz from his Components Collection.  I mounted it on cork.  I cut the keys out on my silhouette SD.  I cut some black lace out (did you know you can cut wide lace using a rotary blade cutter?)  I then layered on a sheer ribbon and added some wooly thread.  I wrote the sentiment by hand. 

 

Day 161 – the requirements were:

Create at least one balloon on your card using an item or object that wasn't originally intended to be a balloon.

I was tickled that my sister played along with me on this one – check out her card HERE! Here is my take on this:

 

Day-161_Barb-Derksen_full

Well, I probably failed at making something that wasn’t a balloon in the first place into one – just could not think one up so anyways I used something new to make the centre one.  Nina and I checked out a few Scrapbook Stores and I treated myself to some Be Creative Glue sheets and used my Silhouette SD to cut the balloon template out.  It will take me a few tries to get this down to a science, but its fun.

 

Day-161_Barb-Derksen_close

I love the look of it!  I also cut the two other balloons out using my Sil and then I stamped them with a Versamark Dazzle, sprinkled them with Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder.

More cards to come.  Hope you all are having a terrific summer.  I hope to take a day out soon to catch up on my email and blog hopping and hope to visit YOU and to add more goodies to my “vault”!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Barb:)
    Whew!! You are really coming along with your AWESOME cards!!! I
    LOVE what you have done with them.:)I have no idea how you can do so many in such a short time.It takes me FOREVER to decide what I want to do.:)Trial and error and believe me..there are a LOT of errors.hehe
    I am soo happy you are enjoying your visit with Nina.:)Bet she is having just as much fun as you are too!!
    Can't wait to see pics!!:)

    Huge hugs and LOTS of love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love how you chose that flower paper for your balloons...they are beautiful!

    A job well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are stunning sis, I am having such a fabulous time being creative with you. I think is was the 159 challenge that I did with you. Opposites. Can wait to get a smidge more time with you in your little slice of craft heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts