So, with that, I must take myself away again. I thought today I would belatedly post something I meant to do at Christmas, actually. It comes from Janna's blog - and I wanted to be sure with her it would be ok to republish. Thank You, Janna.
Anyways, this is a list of 100 Cheap Neighbor Gifts - they are Christmas themed, but you know I think they could be EASILY adapted to any occaision. What came to my mind was with Valentines, and this scripture which reflects what REAL love is:
28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" 29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
So, this list should give you some great ideas how you can show your 'neighbors' that you care about them, and not just for a society-driven celebration like the official Valentines day, but EVERY day. And love your neighbor by deciphering what is important to THEM, what they would like, rather than what you would like FOR them. Let your gift reflect your recognition of who they truly are! Handmade items and your own service and time, are some of the most special presents of all.
CHEAP NEIGHBOR GIFTS
2. Soup or soup mix -Wishing you a "Souper" Holiday Season!!
3. Frozen or ready to bake pizza -"Warm up to a wonderful Holiday Season "Topped" with Christmas cheer!"
4. Apples and Hershey's Hugs -A teacher can't live by apples alone...She needs "Hugs" too!!
5. Popcorn Balls -Hoping you have a "Ball" this Holiday Season!
6. Loaf of Bread -For being there when you were "Kneaded", for "Rising" to the occasion, largeor small. For never "Loafing" on the job, for helping others to "Heel"with TLC. No matter how you "Slice it", you do a terrific job lovingothers. Merry Christmas!!7. Jolly Ranchers -Have a Holly"Jolly" Christmas!!
8. Rootbeer -We're "Root"ing for you to have a Happy Holiday Season and a WonderfulNew Year!!
9. Chex Party Mix -Remember Santa "Chex" his list twice to see who's been naughty ornice..so be good for goodness sake!! Merry Christmas!!
10. Box of Hostess Ho-Ho's -Hope a merry "HO - HO - HO" fills your heart the whole year through! (Put asanta sticker on the label)
11. Wire wisk - (Filled with Chocolate kisses)"We WHISK you a Merry KISSmas!!"
12. Jar of Jelly -jelly is like love - you can't spread it around without getting some onyoursel f! Merry Christmas!!
13. Christmas Tray -We "Tray"sure your friendship! Merry Christmas!!
14. Bell -With each chime of this festive bell, may a Christmas wish come true. Andbring you peace and happiness to last the whole year through! MerryChristmas!
15. Yule Log -"We send you warm greetings this Christmas Season!!"
16. Potpourri -"May this sweet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmases long ago!"Merry Christmas!
17. Cleaners -"You add sparkle and make our life brighter!" Merry Christmas!
18. Nuts -"We're nuts about you!" Merry Christmas!
19 Lifesavers -" You've been a life saver!" Have a great Christmas!
20. A juice pitcher filled with candy canes-"We pitcher you raising a little "cane" during the holidays!" Have a merryChristmas!!
21. Broom -You're "Dust" the finest neighbors we know! Merry Christmas!
22. Paper Towels -"Blot out your troubles; absorb the Christmas Spirit!"
23. Measuring Cup or Glass Measure -"Wishing you Joy Beyond Measure!
24. Bananas -If we could choose our friends, and we searched the whole world through,we'd go bananas trying to find a better bunch than you!!"
25. Any Star ornament -"Remember the reason for the season!"51. Oranges -" Orange" you glad we're Friends!?" Merry Christmas!!
26. Chocolate Mousse Mix -"Merry Christmousse" to our "Deer" Friends!
27. Wooden spoon -Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or souffles; You'll find thisspoon useful in so many ways. But whatever it's use, it says, "Merry MerryChristmas from us to you!"
28. Flower -"If friends were flowers, we'd pick you! Happy Holidays!! Or "You makefriendship bloom all year round!"
29. Heart Christmas Ornament -"May the Joy and Love you give away, come back to you on Christmas day!"
30. Cinnamon Sprinkles -(Cinnamon &Sugar, or cookie sprinkles)"May your Christmas be sprinkled with laughter and love!" Merry Christmas!
31. Hersheys Hugs -"A friend always knows when you need a little hug!"
32. Christmas music..CD or Tape -"May the sweet song of Christmas make your heart rejoyce!" Or "May themerry sounds of Christmas bring a Joyful Melody to your holiday season"Merry Christmas!!
33. Filled Basket -"Wishing you a basket full of Christmas blessings"
34. Salsa -"Add a little Spice to your Holidays!" Merry Christmas!
35. Stocking or filled Jar -"Have a fun filled christmas this year!"
36. Lamb -"Have "eweself" a Merry little Chistmas!!"
37. Candle -"May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and theNew Year Bright!!
38. Holly -"Happy Hollydays!"39. Calendar -"Keep Christmas in your heart the whole year through!"
40. Shaped Sugar Cookies -"Rolling out a batch of Christmas Cheer, for Someone we think is verydear!!"
41. Cherry 7-up -"Just a Little Christmas Cheer from Happy Hearts this time of year!! MerryChristmas!!"
42. Sparkling Cider -"Wishing you a Sparkling Holiday Season!"
43. Warm Casserole or Bread -"Bundled up with warm wishes!!"
44. Popcorn or Carmel Corn -"Just "Popping" by with a Holiday Hi!" Or "May your Holidays be Poppin'!"
45. Seasoning Mix -"Seasoned with Love" Merry Christmas!!
46. Eggbeater -"Have an "Eggstra" Special Holiday!!"
47. Hersheys Hugs and Kisses -"Christmas Hugs and Kisses to You " Or "Holiday Hugs and Kisses to you!"
48. Apple Pie or Apple Crisp -"Wishing you a Scrumptuous Christmas!"
49. Fruit Basket -"May your New Year be Festive and Fruitful!!"
50. Any Sweet Treat -"Wishing you a season filled with sweetness!"
52. Chocolate Orange -"Orange" you glad it's Christmas? Hope your Christmas is a Sweet one!
53. Sprite -" May your Christmas be Merry and Sprite!"
54. Ice Cream Snowballs and Hot Fudge -" Here's some packaged"snowball" treats - Just Drizzle Hot Fudge and itsready to eat!...Enjoy!!"
55. Snicker Bar -"Don't "Snicker", just be glad you got Something!!"
56. Mints -"Friends like you are worth a Mint!!" Merry Christmas!! Or "Friends like usare mint to be."
57. Matches -"No one Matches you as neighbors!" Merry Christmas!
58. Strainer - (With a christmas bow)" We couldn't restrain ourselves from wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!"
59. Box of Light Bulbs -"Have a bright and radiant Christmas"
60. Bubble Gum or Bubble Bath -"May your holidays "Bubble" over with fun!!
61 Pencil and Notepad -"Merry Christmas from our pad to yours!!" or Merry Christmas to a"noteworthy" friend!"
62. Jar of Pickles -"Just in brine, Our wish for a merry Christmas!!"
63. Grater and Cheese -" To a Grate Neighbor! Merry Christmas!"
64. Ice Cream -"Have a "Cool" Yule!!"
65. Bear shaped Honey -"Have a Bear-y Sweet Christmas!!"
66. Santa -"Ho - Ho - Hoping your Christmas is Heavenly!"
67. Angel -"Hoping you have a Heavenly Christmas!!"
68. Eggnog -" Have an "Udderly Moovalous" Christmas!!"
69. Gingerbread House -"Nibble, Nibble like a mouse, We hope you'll nibble at this house!" MerryChristmas!!
70. Mugs with Hot Chocolate Mix -"To our special friends who are so Dear, We wish you all a cup of Cheer!"One Mug would be a special gift for a Teacher."To a Special Teacher dear, wishing you a"Cup of Cheer"!"
71. Cocoa Mix -"Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas!"
72. Muffins or Muffin mix -" You're getting "Muffin" for Christmas!!"
73. Gum -"By Gum, You're a great Neighbor!! Have a Merry Christmas"
74. Veggies and Dip -"Dip into a wonderful Holiday season and a Healthy New Year!"
75. Christmas Shapped pasta - ( Or any Pasta and a bottle of Sauce )"Have a Pasta-tively Happy Holiday!"
76. Jar of Jam -"Hoping you have a Holiday "Jammed" packed with fun!!" "Have a "Berry" niceholiday season!!" Or "Hoping your Christmas is "Jam-packed" withChristmas Cheer!!"
77. Cookie Dough -"Here's a little extra "Dough" for Christmas! Or"Everyone Needs a little extra "Dough" for Christmas!!"
78. Homemade Frozen Rolls -"Here's a little holiday treat. Rise and bake, it can't be beat! Warmfresh rolls just for you. Top with butter that's all you do! Warm HolidayGreetings to you"
79. Brownie Mix - (Or any Mix)"Whip up this mix for a wonderful holiday fix! Wishing you a "rich" HolidaySeason!!" (Be sure to attatch the recipe!)
80. Homemade carmels -Hoping you have a "Rich" and "wonderful" Holiday!!"
81. Pie -"Just a "Holiday Hi" and a tasty Pie!! Happy Holidays!!"
82. Divinity -"May your Christmas be "Devine" and your Holidays so Fine! Sweet ChristmasWishes!"
83. Rice Krispie Treats -"Snap, Crackle, Pop" We think You're really Tops! "
84. Toffee or Brittle -"Any way you break it, We think you're the greatest!"
85. Fudge -"Fudge" a little on the calories and enjoy the Holiday Season!"
86. Cheese Ball and Crackers -"We don't mean to sound "Cheesy", we just hope you have a "Ball" thisHoliday Season! Or "Spread a little Christmas Cheer this Holiday Season!"
87. Apple Anything - (Pie,Cobbler, crisp, muffins etc.)"Sending you a "Bushel" of love this holiday Season!!" Or" You are theapple of my eye, Teacher!"
88. Banana Bread -"Banana Bread just for you, because you have so much to do... We also loveyou a whole "Bunch" too! Merry Christmas!"
89. Cinnamon Rolls -"Here's a sweet treat "Rolled" up with warm Holiday Wishes! MerryChristmas!"
90. Homemade Chocolates -" You're so Sweet...having you as neighbors is really a treat! Have aHeavenly Holiday Season!"
91. Cake or Cupcakes -"You take the "Cake" neighbor, We think you're first rate! Happy Holidaysto you!!"
92. Cornbread or Mix -"We're not trying to be "Corny" we just want you to have a Merry Christmas!"
93. Carrot Cake -" I Really "Carrot" alot about you!! Merry Christmas"
94. Spiced Drink Mixes -" Hoping your Holidays are "Spiced" Just right!"
95. Homemade Ice cream of a Frozen Treat -"Here's the Scoop: Hoping your Holidays are a "Blizzard" of fun!"
96. Recipe -"Just like you, friend...it's tried and true, just for you! Happy HolidayBaking or Merry Christmas Cooking!"
97. Pizza -"Hope your Holiday has a touch of "Pizza - z!!" Merry Christmas!!"
98. Candle -"You Light up my Life!" Thanks for your friendship! May your Christmas beMerry and Bright!"
99. Crayons and Coloring Book -Hope your Holidays are Colorful!
100. Plant -" The kindness you showmakes our friendship grow and grow! Hope you have aHappy Holiday!!"
101. Soda Pop -"I'd "Soda" like to wish you a merry Christmas!
102. Stuffed animal - (Beanie Baby)"Pawsing" to wish you a Merry Christmas!"
103. Donuts -"Donut" you know we love you??? Have a happy Holiday!!"