Sunday, February 23, 2014

Friday Mashup No. 148

Ha - unbeknownst at the time, I just bought a designer paper pad with a hexagons print as a choice inside.  My choice for this challenge was simple.

Friday Mashup No. 148 Card Challenge:

So of course I chose Hexagons and came up with this:

FM-148-1_Barb-Derksen

Supplies:

Designer Paper - Ki “Argyle” by Hampton Art

Cardstock

Stamp - Studio G

Crochet thread

FM-148-2_Barb-Derksen

Layer, layer layerlayerlayer - this card is all about layering the elements.  I made the sentiment a different shape so that it would draw the eye away from the total symmetrical pattern of the rest of the card.   I backed it with several layers of black and white cardstock and a solid (paint chip) color layer sandwiched between.  

After this was all done I fussy cut several of the hexagons (nicely left over from the 6 x 6 I cut the card face from) and pumped them up too, with foam tape. 

I finished it off with a coordinating bit of crochet cotton. 

So glad you came by!

Technorati Tags: ,

5 comments:

  1. awesome paper for the challenge and an awesome job by you ...beautiful card. Way to go on the challenge ...thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect paper for the challenge, and I love how you popped up some of the hexagon, great touch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Barb, I love the fun bright colours of your new papers. This is a great CAS layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Barb. I love the bright colors. Thanks for playing with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the layers you added to your card. The hexagon's layers are fantastic!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts