Wednesday, February 12, 2014

TTCRD Challenge Card - Anything Goes!

Well thank goodness for this “anything goes” theme, for though it is on the cusp of Valentines Day and ♥ abounds I could not seem to match my card up with a challenge.  Finally I found this challenge and its nice that its my first time here.

TTCRD Feb 11 - 17th - Anything Goes

I had EXTREME fun making the little flowers for this card, you might too -

TTCRD-Feb-11-1_Barb-Derksen

If you can excuse the rather simple background - for (shhhhhh!) this card is for my Mr for Valentines Day.  The flowers are the special part of this - they are made from wire and nail polish.  Seriously.  I based them off of a Pinterest pin which you can find HERE.

TTCRD-Feb-11-2_Barb-Derksen

They are fairly easy to make, once you get the hang of them.  I experimented with a few different colors.  I’m always looking for ways to use nail polish up - don’t want it to just dry up in the bottles, and when summer turns to winter somehow neon toes don’t seem as joyful when my toes only get viewed in between wool socks. 

I had to color a thin ribbon to match the colors of the yellow flower, using a Tombow marker.

 

TTCRD-Feb-11-3_Barb-Derksen

I used my Silhouette Cameo to draw the sentiment, then I used Tombows to fill them in, and I added some dark shadows to pop the “BUNCHES” out.  The final touch is a dear little heart element, tis actually a nail art heart from Claire’s.  I embossed the lettering to make it stand out more.

The designer paper is from Basic Grey “Hey Boy”

I hope you enjoyed your visit here today.

7 comments:

  1. You never ever fail to amaze me Barb with your wonderfully creative mind, Miles will love this. I love the rich colours of the flowers and the background is perfect to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Barb , for your sweet commnent on my TTCRD creation.
    And thanks for note about the blog link.Most of the time we add the links to the names, but sometimes we may forgot! Thanks!

    This card is beautiful, I love the idea of the flowers, i will check out how to make them, they are beautiful!!!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!

    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ...Mr Is going to love this card . Girl you are so talented ...and you go for it ....you always show me what can be done in the art and craft world. Aweome card and those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I can't believe it. You know I'm gonna have to try this myself! I'll be posting later today........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Nina,the flowers are adorable and I'm sure Miles will love it.
    Blessings Jocelan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Love the fancy blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, you made your own flowers....with nail polish? I think maybe you are Mrs. McGyver....lol! Seriously....a beautiful card and I am sure the Mr. loved it! So glad I saw this....truly creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts