Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Timeless Tuesday No. 259 - “A Lotta Polka Dots”

I really thin Polka Dots are so cheerful, so this challenge appealed to me

Timeless Tuesday No. 259 - “A Lotta Polka Dots”

This is what I made out of the challenge:

Timeless-Tuesday-259-1_Barb-Derksen

SUPPLIES:

Designer Paper - Trimcraft “Blank Canvas” by Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Frame - Silhouette Online Store 

Stamp - Kolette Hall

I love the soft look of this paper, you can’t quite tell from looking but each of the polkadots is slightly embossed and a bit sparkly too. 

Timeless-Tuesday-259-2_Barb-Derksen

I was able to dip into a stash of flowers I’ve had hidden away, and brads.  This card was so simple and easy and pretty that I wound up making a “batch”  Do YOU do this when you have success with a card?

1-small-thing

My one small thing for today is… “CHAI”

Chai

I have been loving everything CHAI lately.  This tin of David’s Coco Chai Rooibos has been a welcome addition to several recipes I’ve cooked up lately.  This tea was a present from my friend Rachel, and we whipped up a batch of Chai Oatmeal when she stayed overnight.  Its simple to make a healthy fulfilling breakfast with just a few ingredients. 

For my recipe, I used:

 

David’s Coco Chai tea - zap some in a bullet, blender or coffee grinder.

Maggi Coconut Milk (powdered - optional!)

Oats

 

Choose a deep dish, put 1/4 cup whole (not instant) oats in it.  Put in 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup water (depending on what consistency you like your oatmeal)  Add in finely ground Chai (Probably 1/2 tsp or to taste)  Add a tbsp of Coconut Milk Powder, tho this is optional.  Zap on HIGH for one minute.  Stir, zap on the second to lowest setting of your micro for one minute.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Num!  You can choose whether you add sweetner, or not.  You can also opt to add fruit into the cooking process, raisins naturally sweeten it.

And yesterday, I made some Peanut Butter cookies with Flax, Chai, Ginger and Coconut.  Oh MY! 

Thanks for stopping in today!

4 comments:

  1. your card is so soft and dainty looking ...beautiful Barb...way to go love it .
    Yes it came together for you ...thanks for sharing

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Barb:)
    I agree with you..LOVE the polka dots .... COOL paper and your card IS so PRETTY!! :) I really need to make a couple of cards soon. Lexi's 14th Birthday is coming up the end of this month.:) I think I may just have an idea for a pretty card for her. ;) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheerful and beautiful card, Barb! It's hard to go wrong with dainty polka dots and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Barb, your flowers look lovely backed by the polkadots.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts