Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches No.122 Card Challenge

Managing to fit in a FM challenge today - it appealed to my ‘simple’ mood for the day and came together quickly.

Visit Freshly Made Sketches 122 - today’s sketch:

Here’s my take:

FMS-122-1_Barb-Derksen

I used some scraps of paper and cardstock I’d had sitting around and fit this project.  The “just a note” stamp, not sure about

FMS-122-2_Barb-Derksen

 

but the pretty floral (which is actually berries on top but I turned them into little sequin flowers) is from the Stampin’ Up “Oh, So Lovely” set.  I stamped it onto two layers and married them into this design.  I finished it all off with a bow of embroidery thread to ‘tie it all together’  (pun intended)  and a few gems in the centers of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping in!

8 comments:

  1. beautiful Barb ...way to go ...love the card ...love those flowers and how you did them. Love the colors you used . Thank you for sharing

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the sequin flowers and beautiful embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch, Barb! Love how you've turned the berries into flowers - so clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb!
    I am LOVING simple these days.I LOVE your card and how you chose to make the berries into flowers.How clever of you!!:)
    I hate to rush but HAVE to get started before my Niece's birthday dinner this evening ! I spent most of yesterday shopping with Jim.:)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sequin flowers and the little splash of purple. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty this is! Love those little sequin flowers. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts