Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Timeless Tuesday No. 258 Challenge Card

I love working with wood textured papers so this challenge jumped right out at me.  We have a friend in our life who recently went through a traumatic health issue and so my Mr asked me to put a card together for him.  This wood-looking paper seemed a perfect choice to me.

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday No. 258 Challenge -

 

And here is how I took this challenge:

Timeless-Tuesday-258-1_Barb-Derksen

I figured I’d use texture in two ways, a wood-textured paper and backed by an embossed wood look …

Timeless-Tuesday-258-3

beverage container.  I experimented a lot with these this past summer, that and plastic - running gracious knows what… ANYTHING through my Cuttlebug.  The metal of this can was pliable enough to get a good texture but not too bulky.

Timeless-Tuesday-258-2_Barb-Derksen

It made a great backdrop to the lettering which I set up and cut using my Silhouette Cameo

The stamp was a Michael Strong “Cloisonne Words and Phrases” and a bit of embellishment with a Mind’s Eye - Lost and Found “Union Square” 

I just tucked ribbon into the shapes I desired, stapled it firm on both ends, hiding the mechanics under the sentiment. 

So glad you come check my card out. 

2 comments:

  1. Very very cool card Barb, I love all the texture and that you are using recycled goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am thoroughly impressed! Love the wood grain texture on your recycled metal can...how creative! I am sure your friend will really appreciate the thought and creativity behind this lovely creation. I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts