Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Just Horsin’ around, Little Critter Nibblin’ and a FREE Festive Silhouette Cut!

I had someone request a “horse themed” birthday card so I put my thinking cap on and came up with a couple.  I’m only going to post one here, the best one. 

 

BDerksen_whoa-horse

I found this free SVG cut at SVGCuts – its was a free cut from a while ago, direct link for that particular download by clicking HERE.   I don’t know if you can see it real well, but I used a Kimberley Polson flourish stamp on the horse and then I embossed with clear embossing powder.  It says “It’s Your Birthday – Celebrate!” inside.

 

BDerksen_whoa-horse2

I love the “rope” – some fine wool my friend Marie gave me, she spun it herself from their alpaca! The word art i cut on my Silhouette SD using the “Western” font which I downloaded from dafont

 

On another subject, this morning there were all sorts of critters running about – must have been because it was an absolutely lovely day.  The sort of day we had about three weeks ago and I said would probably be the last before winter hits.  Ha, what do I know?  I took all sorts of photos today but I am going to ration them out over my next blog posts. Here’s the first two:

 

Nov-Mushroom

I’ve noticed this mushroom a few times – the other day when I cleaned every single window in the house and then again earlier today.  I wondered what was eating this and guessed perhaps the birds…

 

Nov-Squirrel

 

But here’s the little culprit!  I snuck a shot through the slats of the blinds so as not to disturb his little feast.  Better he eats this than my patio furniture which was his meal preference last year, thus earning himself the name “Shreddie”

Lastly but not leastly, I am posting a free cut file here for YOU, should you have a Silhouette SD or (and I’m green with envy if you do have…) the new Silhouette Cameo.  Now this file is “as is” … I’m still learning.  I did make a wonderful card using this cut but wouldn’t you know that I gave it away without taking a photo!  I’d done the plug ends in gold embossing and the bulbs in bright cardstock and embossed with glassy!  And, I’m so sorry but my computer DIED and took all my regular programs with it and so I don’t have a way to make this into an SVG.  When I get my Illustrator back I’ll make it up to you!   Just click the graphic to be taken to the download – and I’ll also host it in the “FREE Silhouette .studio files” tab at the top of my blog.  Have fun … and if you make something cool, won’t you share it with me and I’ll make you famous here? 

 

Fullscreen capture 02112011 74259 PM

6 comments:

  1. love the horse card and they will to awesome job. You always have great ideas. Love the picture of the squirrel ...yes today was a beautiful day ...for the first of November. Have a great week chat to you tomorrow


    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your horse card is Fabulous!!!! i can see the wonderful embossing on it...great detail :)

    Love shreddie!! :) you sure do get to see some wonderful beauty at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is fabulous, I can see the embossing on the horse and it looks amazing. The recipient of this card will love it. Love your pictures. Thanks for the freebee :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, Thank you for sharing this lovely Christmas lights. The season is soon approaching. This cutting file will be wonderful to have on hand.

    Sorry,blogs only let me post as anonymous.

    Hugs,
    Debbie ake doodlingdebbie from the Silhouette Plus forum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your horse card is terrific!

    Thanks for sharing the Xmas lights cutting file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon Barb:)
    It's been such a long time since we communicated.*Snort!! :)
    LOVE your horse card!! The horse and the rope and the font are soo COOL.:)I have GOT to learn that embossing.:) Christy knows how ..so I shall have her show me!!
    Great pic of the little Culprit.I think I would make sure she is well fed so she won't eat your furniture.Prolly was making a nest.You may find parts of your furniture up in the trees.LOL
    Thank you soo much for sharing your Christmas lights.:) SO COOL!


    Hope you are having a FUN day!!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts