Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Saw Snow!

I woke this morning to see a snowline on the mountains.  Oh yes, I've been expecting it, however its still a brrrr surprise!  The day was beautiful and sunny and the snowline rolled itself back up those hills by the end of the afternoon, but I'm sure it will be back again. 

I promised to share a few more photos of our autumn foliage.  I still have one more "batch" to share after this. 




Pink Lady apples - the type of apple trees to blossom and the last to ripen.  Crisp, bright and bold they almost hurt the eyes with their vibrant colour.  These came off just last week. 


Like a crazy yellow/orange shag carpet, the fruit tree varieties lay like a carpet on the hillsides.


It really does look like a little "Valley of  Heaven" - doesn't it?


Almost like a FIESTA of yellows, browns, greens and every shade in between, all the prettier for the complementary turquoise blue sky. 



These Peach leaves are as jewelled as the slices of peaches which got preserved will appear in the dark days of winter.





Right down to the ground where they shimmer with dew which barely has time to evaporate during the cold November days. 

More to come soon!




5 comments:

  1. Those apples look SOOO good. Crunch.

    Then the rows of colour in the picture below the apples ... lovely.

    Then the picture below that ... wonderful.

    Interesting picture of the peach leaves!

    I'm on target in the Bible Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures Barb ..can't wait to visit hope the snow can hold off for a bit longer ...have a great weekend ...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, your pictures make me feel so hungry for the colors of the okanagan. Thank you for taking them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb:)
    Wow!! How pretty!! Love all those different colors! I LOVE how you described the carpet too.I agree..looks just like a shag carpet.:)
    The apples look delicious.No bruises yet.Perfect!!:)
    You got some FANTASTIC photos! Thanks for sharing them with me.:)
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!!Stay warm and cozy.:)

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can´t imagine having apples hanging in my yard. Seems so exotic to me. :) They look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts