Thursday, November 13, 2008


photo credit: Dani Simmonds


DON'T STOP GIVING!


As he looked up,

Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury.
He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.
'I tell you the truth,' he said,
'this poor widow has put in more than all the others.
All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth;
but she out her poverty put in all she had to live on'"

Luke 21:1-4


The woman gave two copper coins-what amounted to a fraction of a penny. This seems like such a small amount. However, God viewed her few coins with more regard than the large offerings of the rich.

Why?

Because she gave all she had to give - this woman showed her utter devotion to God. She was willing to offer everything she owned to show love to God.




He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow,
and loves the alien,
giving him food and clothing.

Dueteronomy 10:18




Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse,
that there may be food in my house.
"Test me in this,"
says the LORD Almighty,
"and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven
and pour out so much blessing
that you will not have room enough for it.


Malachi 3:10

The media relentlessly reports the "failure of the economy" to us from every angle. What we SEE and HEAR can be pretty discouraging. Or it can be "the test"... what a terrific opportunity to walk in faith with your blessings. What a great way to reach out to those in our community who are in need.

The bank of God is secure. The banks on earth ... are not.

What will you do -
TODAY?

With Christmas just one month and a little bit away, I'm sure there are lots of ways you might ease the pressure for someone - money, food, clothes etc for a family, single mom etc which would free them up to buy gifts for their loved ones. Don't make them come to a food bank - anticipate that need and meet it before they get to that point, if you can. Have you ever thought of this? If you know there is a need and if people actually have to go there - we may have failed them already?

Just a thought.


6 comments:

  1. A very important thought! Thanks for bringing this into our awareness as the Christmas season is approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Galatians 3:10the "test" is to oberve ALL 613 commandments of the Law in order to receive any blessings from it. We all fail that test and tithign is only part of it. Nehemiah 10:28 and Malachi 4:4 prove this to be true. www.tithing-russkelly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading here first before I get to the *TUMMY moaning one*-
    I so agree- yet it's funny how so many of those people in NEED who do really need help(finacial, food, clothes,whatever)- HIDE it under PRIDE! I know that trying to help a few people out has been a reall struggle as they feel it is a failure to take *charity*- especially from those they know. I'm talking about people we KNOW here and not people that are strangers and already in the system already so to speak. Sometimes its easy to say WE NEED TO HELP BEFORE (which I think would benefit ALL)-and it's something we always try to do - but if those people don't want to take it, until it gets so bad that they HAVE to join the *system* is REALLY SAD too!

    Ok girl- you got me started again- LOL
    Off to get my taste buds tortured!
    LOVES YA
    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it was a great thought! We have to remember not to hoard. God doesn't give us our blessings so that we can hold onto them. What good does that to do for the Kingdom of Heaven? May we, instead, be generous with everything we have. It all belongs to Him anyway.

    Thanks for the reminder this morning, my friend! I pray you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm... I wanna make bagels! I've made pretzels before, and boiled them, but I've never attempted bagels. Now I really want to.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts