Friday, January 10, 2014

The Card Concept Challenge - No 1!

It sure feels good to be taking all these challenges already this year.  I did not do that much at the end of last year.  It is also exciting to try a new challenge and today’s Card Concept Challenge #1 came together nicely for me:

 

The styles are divided into 6 style themes:

  • Clean & Simple (CAS)
  • Clean & Layered
  • Clean & Graphic
  • Freestyle Collage
  • Shabby Chic
  • Classy & Elegant

I am choosing to make mine in the category of clean and layered

CCC1_Barb-Derksen

SUPPLIES:

Designer Paper - Garden Party by DoveCraft

Strathmore Pastel paper

Image - Graphics Fairy

Grommets - Reflections

Scallop Cut - Barb Derksen

Text - Silhouette Sketch Pen

Ribbon

1-small-thing

1 small thing is a little tidbit I will share each time I post. 

It will be a totally random thing - a recipe, tip, idea, craft, thought, photo.

Today’s small thing is:

onion

Grow Your Own - Green Onions

Instead of keeping these hidden away in the bin in the refridgerator, put them in a window (hopefully you have a nice window in your kitchen) and allow them to get roots happening.  Next, plant them in a pot and you will have Green Onions for your stir-frys, salads and cheddar baking powder biscuits and… well, YOU get the picture!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. These colours really lend themselves to the vintage image you've used here! Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome ...love the challenge you did ..beautiful card ...might have to try this challenge.
    Thanks for sharing.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your CAS card with it's embossed dottie background, the gorgeous coloured ribbon and wonderful use of eyelets. A perfect sentiment for the lovely Graphics Fairy image. :-) Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card and sentiment, so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love that vintage roller skate image (I think I had them!) and the dry embossing and ribbon and eyelet are all super accents to your focal point. Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgeous card, and thanks for the great tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your card is just wonderful! I love your take on the clean and layered style! Thanks so much for joining in on our first Card Concept Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Mrs. Miles! That vintage roller skate took me back to my youth and brought a huge smile to my face! I loved skating with these and the clack clack of the metal wheels on the sidewalk! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts