Friday, January 17, 2014

Seize The Birthday - ‘Coloring’ - Challenge Card

I’m in ♥ with my TomBow markers, my Christmas present from my Mr.  They really are impressive.  This challenge seems so timely as I find myself wanting to colour, colour, COLOUR!!!

Seize the Birthday - Jan 16th - ‘COLORING’

Actually, one could do “Coloring” or, “Birthday” - I did a combo:

Seize The Birthday - Colurr 1_Barb Derksen

SUPPLIES:

Arches 140lb Watercolour Paper

Designer Paper (scrap)

Stamps - Hero Arts, Fiskars Stampin’ Up 

TomBow Markers - N00 933 177 757 856 985 685 373 N57476 933

Guitar Strings

Seize-The-Birthday---Colurr-2_Barb-Derksen

I used my Mr’s discarded guitar strings for the stems!

Seize-The-Birthday---Colurr-3_Barb-Derksen

and chose a ‘near-shade’ to add some dimension to the little pocket. 

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Barb, you do your Tombows proud. What a fun idea to use guitar strings for stems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and beautifully colored, lucky you to get a set of those markers! I love the 'pocket' pot for the flowers! Well, done and thank you for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the pocket and water coloured look flowers and great idea to use guitar strings for the stems
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on your LOVELY work my friend. I LOVE the flowers..I LOVE the gems...I LOVE your pocket and the guitar strings .:) Hey..I LOVE your whole card! Awesome job!:)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the pocket of flowers and your water coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you "up cycle" as you refer to it! Guitar strings...brilliant....and so is this card! Really impressive stuff! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "pocket full of posies" card. Very creative to up cycle the guitar strings for flower stems. Thanks for joing us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts