Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fussy Fancy Fridays No. 106 Challenge Card - “Vintage”

I’m joining in a “new to me” card challenge this week because it perfectly fits an image I scooped from Graphics Fairy recently.

Fussy Fancy Fridays No. 106 Challenge Card - theme: “Vintage”  The following is the inspiration:

And here’s my creation:

FFF 106 1_Barb Derksen

SUPPLIES:

Designer Paper - Nature Garden Collection, JoDie Lee Designs

Image - Graphics Fairy

Lace, Ribbon, Pearls

Pheasant Feathers

Diamond Glaze

TomBow Marker - 772

 

FFF-106-4_Barb-Derksen

I confess, this card did not come easily to me, in fact I printed the image a couple of times and tried coloring it with both pearlescent paints (thought they would go nice with the soft background paper) and with TomBow Markers as well. Turned out the pearlescent wiped out most of the black detail lines while the use of just TomBows were overwhelming.  I wound up taking a picture of the designer paper, bringing it into Photoshop along with the peacock image.  I knocked the peacock out to a png line drawing and then set it on the designer paper layer.  Next, I was able to work in layers and color the image digitally using soft variations of color based on the background layer. 

Sounds convoluted but it worked.  At the end I added n extra touch of color to the bird and shined her up with Diamond Glaze. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. neat card ...wow you have been busy ..looks very vintage. Barb you are so talented.
    Thanks for sharing.


    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! Great job! :)
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: A Movie Review of The Book Thief → http://bit.ly/1eSRAS0

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is lovely! Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning vintage card...the image & colours are Perfect...Thank you so much for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Challenge... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ...wonderful card!! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy BIRD day!! LOVE IT!! I LOVE Vintage too.:) You put a LOT of work into your cards and they turn out so AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your ideas with me!

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts